Expo Europe FAQs
- How to get to Messe Wien
- The nearest station to IAAPA Expo Europe registration area located in Foyer A is U2, Messe-Prater, located here. Vienna Metro tickets for 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, 1 day or 1 week can be purchased in advance via the WienMobil Ticket Shop.
- There is a taxi stop, right at the entrance to Foyer A. Taxis from the Vienna Airport cost up to €50 for a one way trip.
- The CAT (City Airport train), can be taken from Vienna International Airport to Wien Mitte. Then take metro to Praterstern. At Pratersten change onto U2 line and alight at Messe Prater.
- Use postcode 1021 to find Messe Wien.
- Special travel and accommodation deals
IAAPA has partnered with Lufthansa & Partners to offer you exclusive flight discounts for IAAPA Expo Europe 2023. Lufthansa & Partners include Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Eurowings, and Lufthansa and Swiss International Air. Discounts of either 5% or 10% are available on one way or return air fares on their classic or flex fares depending on booking class. Flights can be booked from now until the 28 September 2023 and travel must take place between the 18 September and 5 October 2023.
Please contact Janet Doyle for further details.
- An exclusive 25% discount for the City Airport Train (CAT) is available for IAAPA Expo Europe participants. The CAT is a sustainable and fast airport transportation service between the Vienna International Airport and the Vienna city centre, Wien Mitte. Passengers can get to the city centre in just 16 minutes nonstop. Please note tickets are valid for six (6) months from date of issue. Use IAAPA-VIENNA when booking your ticket here.
- ÖBB The Austrian Railway Operator allows participants to book a climate-friendly, hassle free and discounted journey to and from the exhibition. By registering an ÖBB account you can gain a 22% discount on standard price tickets for travel in Austria and 10% on international standard prices. Please contact Janet Doyle for further details.
- Travel by bicycle to Messe Wien
Travelling by bike to the venue is possible with a city bike offer - Wien Mobil. A rental station Wien Mobil bike can be found directly at the Messeplatz. Bikeracks for anyone travelling by own bicycle, can be found right in front of Foyer A entrance and Congress Center entrance.
- Badge recycling
Multiple badge recycling bins will be available in the registration area in Foyer A.
- Charity for Future Talent
IAAPA is committed to supporting the next generation of talent in the global attractions industry. For the first time for IAAPA Expo Europe, we’ll have a fundraising initiative to raise money to provide university scholarships through the IAAPA Foundation. IAAPA will match the contributions provided by IAAPA Expo Europe participants.The booth will be located in the registration area.
In addition, the IAAPA Charity auction taking place Wednesday, 27 September at 11:00 CEST in the Press Conference room, consist of 10 exclusive them park lots with opening tickets, coaster track climbs even an Eurosat coaster car. No registration required. This session is open to everyone with an Expo badge. More information here.
There is one cloakroom available to use located downstairs in the Foyer A. There is no cost to leave bags and coats, however they cannot be left overnight.
Opening hours will be:
- 07:30 – 19:00 CEST - Tuesday, 26 September
- 07:30 – 19:00 CEST - Wednesday, 27 September
- 07:30 – 19:00 CEST - Thursday, 28 September
There will be no printed show program on-site. Be sure to download IAAPA Connect+ the official app of IAAPA Expo Europe to stay in the know and access event information at your fingertips including agenda, show floor, exhibiting companies, attendees, speakers, and more. Download the app today on the App Store or Google Play. Don’t miss out!
If you haven’t received an email with your registration link, please contact [email protected] or come to the Connect+ support desk on-site in Foyer A. Please note that unique email addresses are necessary to use Connect+.
- Expo Opening Hours
- Tuesday, 26 September: 10:00 – 18:00 CEST
- Wednesday, 27 September: 10:00 – 18:00 CEST
- Thursday, 28 September 10:00 – 16:00 CEST
- Funworld - the official Magazine of IAAPA
Yes, you can pick up your free copy of Funworld, the official magazine of IAAPA and IAAPA Expo Europe 2023 from the Funworld wall located in the registration area. Funworld is the global attractions industry’s premier publication dedicated to providing business-changing information for attractions industry professionals. Advertising opportunities are also available in Funworld, in IAAPA News Daily, on IAAPA.org, and in a variety of other channels. Visit the IAAPA Exhibit Sales Office (Booth #B-2818) to learn more.
- Help and information desks on-site
- Info/Membership Desk located in Foyer A near the registration desks.
- Members only – IAAPA Member Lounge located in the southwest end of Hall B (Booth #B-135). IAAPA Member Lounge offers a space to relax, check emails, charge devices, and network with a complimentary coffee, tea, or water.
- IAAPA Customer Service Desks located in the corridor (mall) between Foyer A and Hall A where representatives of DSV and 4ForEverything will be present during move-in.
- IAAPA Operations Room – Booth #B-2824 in Hall B.
- Hosted Buyer Program
IAAPA will host new buyers from around the world to meet exhibitors and association members through pre-arranged appointments. Through the exclusive Hosted Buyer Program, companies can optimise time and budgets, network and share experiences, and be inspired by new trends and innovations and discover supplies across the globe. IAAPA Expo Europe will have a dedicated Hosted Buyer Lounge located at the Press Center C and VIP Lounge C, outside Hall C. If you get any question about this programme, please direct attendee to Alice Mathu at [email protected].
- IAAPA bus stop
IAAPA bus stop will be located outside of Messe Wien, on the right hand side of the registration area, view on the map. It will be used on Monday 25 September for IAAPA Expo Europe participants of Water Park Day and EDUTour: Familypark. For more information, please visit the Info Desk, in the registration area (foyer A). Also follow the IAAPA Bus Stop signs when on-site.
- IAAPA Member Lounge
Located on the southwest end of Hall B (Booth #B-135), IAAPA Member Lounge offers a space to relax, check emails, charge devices, and network with a complimentary coffee, tea or water. Come see the IAAPA EMEA Safety Subcommittee volunteers at the Safety Corner at the entrance of the Austrian mountain cabin to talk about what's the number one priority for our industry. Stop by and say hi to the IAAPA team.
- IAAPA Exhibit Sales Office
Located on the trade show floor in Hall B (Booth #B-2818) gathers exhibit sales information, sponsorship and advertising details, and materials for all upcoming IAAPA Expos and IAAPA Middle East Trade Summit 2024. Submit your contract and choose your booth space for all three shows.
IAAPA Exhibit Sales Office opening hours will be:
- Monday, 25 September – Wednesday, 27 September: 08:00 – 18:00 CEST
- Thursday, 28 September: 08:00 – 16:00 CEST
Take advantage of the Viennese style IAAPA Exhibitor Lounge located next door (Booth #B-2816). Enjoy a complimentary coffee and a chat.
New this year: IAAPA Exhibitor Lounge
Opening hours will be:
- Monday, 25 September – Wednesday, 27 September: 08:00 – 18:00 CEST
- Thursday, 28 September: 08:00 – 15:00 CEST
- IAAPA Expo Europe venue
This year the Expo will take place in Vienna, Austria, at Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center. This venue offers 55.000 m² of exhibition space and a further 7,000 m² of space available for the Congress Center. Messe Wien is committed to sustainability and careful management of resources and provides a variety of food and beverage solutions.
Venue address: RX Wien GmbH, Messeplatz 1, 1020 Wien, Austria.
- Lost and found
Deliver found items or reclaim lost items to the Cloakroom, located downstairs of the registration area, in the Foyer A. Any items not collected by 18:00 CEST on Thursday, 28 September, will be disposed of. IAAPA does not hold any responsibility for lost and found items in its possession.
- Medical assistance on-site
The First Aid office is in the round tower of the Congress Centre. To call a doctor please dial +431727207144.
Parkhaus A is the closest car park for IAAPA Expo Europe. It has 1,400 spaces and it costs €4.20 per hour. You can access the Map here.
For IAAPA Expo Europe Exhibitors, relevant parking information is available in the 2023 Exhibitor Services Guide.
For live updates and access to information via smartphone, download the free official digital city guide app for Vienna “ivie” of the Vienna Tourist Board.
We welcome all guidance and assistance dogs. No other dogs/pets permitted.
- Prayer (interfaith), self-care and meditation room
An interfaith, self-care, and meditation room is available in Hall B, Gallery Lounge 4.Access it via the Gallery Rooms on the 1st Floor above Hall B.
- Press and influencer registration
All press and influencers entering the show floor must have a PRESS or INFLUENCER name badge. A staff member from the IAAPA Press Office must escort press with TV cameras on the trade show floor if they are conducting interviews scheduled through IAAPA’s global communications team. Press should pick up their badges at the press registration counter, located in the registration area (Foyer A).
- Press office
On-site assistance for journalists is available at the Press Office located in Congress Center, Stolz 2.
The press office is open:
- Tuesday, 26 September and Wednesday, 27 September from 10:00 to 18:00 CEST.
- Thursday, 28 September from 10:00 to 16:00 CEST.
- Press releases and press information
Exhibitors can bring copies of their press releases and new product announcement materials to the Press Office located in Congress Center, Stolz 2. Journalists may pick up copies of those materials and press releases on IAAPA Expo Europe 2023 in the Press Office.
- Registration hours
- Sunday, 24 September: 15:00 - 18:00 CEST
- Monday, 25 September: 07:00 – 18:00 CEST
- Tuesday, 26 September: 08:00 - 18:00 CEST
- Wednesday, 27 September: 08:00 - 18:00 CEST
- Thursday, 28 September: 07:30 - 16:00 CEST
- Restaurants and concessions
There are several restaurants and cafes in Messe Wien. They can be found in the back left of Hall A, in the middle of Hall B and in front of Innovation Stage in Hall C. There are also two cafes in the walkways between halls A and B and B and C.
- Safety and security
Venue security staff and hall managers can be contacted on-site, they will be located in the hall managers office in each Hall of the venue. The nearest police station is located at Ausstellungsstraße 44, 1020 Wien; telephone +0043 1 313 106 3311.
To ensure participants’ safety, IAAPA uses the venue emergency procedures in cooperation with the venue’s security partner CAM , the local medical team as well as the on-site fire brigade, to be prepared for any situation which might occur during IAAPA Expo Europe 2023.
Please always secure your belongings and never leave bags, mobile devices, laptops, show badges, or other valuables unattended, even for a moment.
- See your photos
New this year, we offer a complimentary facial recognition platform where attendees can see and download for free their photos. How it works?
- Scan QR code visible on signage on-site or google IAAPA Barrel to find a link.
- Follow steps in link.
- Select show gallery.
- Take a selfie
- See photos.
- Select to download.
- Shuttle service SO/ VIENNA - Messe Wien
Shuttle services will be available to and from the HQ hotel in Vienna SO/ VIENNA to IAAPA Bus Stop from Tuesday, 26 September to Wednesday, 27 September. Pickup/drop-off at Messe Wien will take place at the IAAPA Bus located outside of Messe Wien, on the right-hand side of the registration area, view on the map. Pickup/drop-off at the SO/ VIENNA will take place in front of the hotel entrance.
There will also be a dedicated shuttle bus between Opening Reception and SO/ VIENNA. The shuttle bus will be located five-minute walk from the Schweizerhaus restaurant. IAAPA Ambassadors will direct to the exact location.
Tuesday, 26 September
- 8:15 Tuesday – SO /VIENNA to Messe Wien
- 8:45 Tuesday – SO /VIENNA to Messe Wien
Tuesday evening, 26 September
- 21:00 Opening Reception to SO /VIENNA
- 22:30 Opening Reception to SO /VIENNA
Wednesday, 27 September
- 7:45 Wednesday – SO /VIENNA to Messe Wien
- 8:30 Wednesday – SO /VIENNA to Messe Wien
- 18:00 Wednesday – Messe Wien to SO /VIENNA
No shuttles on Thursday, 28 September.
IAAPA is committed to sustainable operations at IAAPA Expo Europe. We are aiming at organising the Vienna show according to the criteria of the Austrian Ecolabel for Green Meetings. We work with contractors and venues that promote sustainability. Over 275 exhibitors committed to follow sustainable recommendations when it comes to stand building and designs. Here is how IAAPA Expo Europe visitors can get involved to reduce the impact of the Expo.
- Avoid using plastic bottles: Drinking tap water is safe. Take advantage of water fountains to refill your bottles and water cups.
- Enjoy environmentally friendly catering offer on-site: Local and seasonal food will be available in the venue. Refreshments will be provided in reusable containers except for water fountains where water is available in recyclable cups made from organic material.
- Recycle your badges: Multiple badge recycling bins will be available in the registration area in Foyer A. Please remove your lanyard and recycle the printed badge only.
- Save paper: We've gone digital! To reduce printed materials, we've gone paperless for Show Programme and maps. Find it all on the app, Connect+
- Segregate your waste: Follow waste management instructions at the venue.
- Use public transport: Make your way to and from the Expo venue using public transport. The nearest station to IAAPA Expo Europe registration area located in Foyer A is U2, Messe-Prater, located here. Vienna Metro tickets for 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, 1 day or 1 week can be purchased in advance via the WienMobil Ticket Shop.
Complimentary Wi-Fi will be available on the trade show floor and is intended for standard email and web browsing. Please do not upload/download large files, stream videos, or use anything that requires substantial bandwidth, or the Wi-Fi will not work for you or anyone else.
- View IAAPA Expo policies
- Children policies
Anyone under 18 years of age doesn't need to pre-register in advance online. But they must pick up a wristband on-site at registration. Registration for anyone under 18 years of age is complimentary, however, the identification wristband must be worn all times.
Those under 18:
- Must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Are not allowed to participate in tours and special events.
- Are not allowed on the trade show floor during exhibitor move in or move out, or early/late access hours.
- IAAPA recommends that only single strollers or wheeled luggage be used on the trade show floor to avoid trip hazards and injury.
- IAAPA Expo Show policies
View all policies here.
After Hours in Vienna
- After hours options in Vienna
Vienna is the Austrian capital that successfully blends imperial tradition and contemporary creativity. Not only does it boast imperial architecture, world-renowned museums, multiple coffeehouses, music attractions including 120 performance venues, 50 theatres, four opera houses, and several stage musical theatres. But it is also the city in Europe with the highest ratio of green space. As an industry professional, your trip wouldn't be complete without a visit to at least one of them.
- Best places to visit
There are several places to visit for outdoors, music, art or attractions lovers. Plan your after-Expo activities in advance so that you may extend your visit and explore the historical pearl at the heart of Europe. Visit the Vienna Tourist Board website for handy tips about places to visit for all target groups, and itineraries for short and longer stays in Vienna.
Check out the official travel guide of the City of Vienna to see all upcoming events.
- Vienna discount card
Vienna City Card is the official city card of Vienna which has free travel options on public transport in Vienna for 24, 48 or 72 hours as well as discounts on museums and tourist attractions.