IAAPA Brass Ring Awards
Pictured above: 2019 IAAPA Brass Ring Award Winners
IAAPA Brass Ring Awards 2021
Awarding the Innovation and Unwavering Spirit Of Our Industry
Named for the rings given to carousel riders at the very first amusement parks, the IAAPA Brass Ring Award is a symbol of achievement. And just like how a ring is an unbreakable connection, so too are our connections as a community - bringing out the best in one another.
Excellence from the IAAPA Expo 2021 trade show floor will still be highlighted as the Exhibitor Awards for Best New Product and Best Exhibit will still take place. Applications can be submitted beginning June 1 for IAAPA Brass Ring Best New Product Award and IAAPA Brass Ring Best Exhibit Award.
Application Process and Deadline
All award entries should be submitted online.
When you are ready to submit your awards entries, click on the Apply Now button below and complete the registration. You can register for multiple categories at this time.
When the registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
Note: the deadline for all 2021 nominations are due by August 15, 2021 (not August 2, 2021).
Congratulations to the 2021 recipients of an IAAPA Brass Ring Award! Check out the full list of winners below and then visit the IAAPA Awards portal for full descriptions and criteria for 2022 nominations here.
- Game & Merchandise Excellence
- “Omega Mart Tattoo Chicken Ringer T-Shirt” – Meow Wolf, Inc.
Best Hard Good Item
- “Candy Land Hershey Edition” – Hershey's Chocolate World
Best Midway Game Operation
- “Canobie Lake Park” –
Best Plush Item
- “Remy Feature Plus” – Disney Global Product Creation
Best Visual Merchandising
- “Omega Mart Plenty Valley Produce Department” – Meow Wolf, Inc.
- “Coca-Cola Sponsored Games” – Lagoon Amusement Park
- Food & Beverage Excellence
Best New Menu Item
- “Reese's Stuff Your Cup” – Hershey's Chocolate World
Best New and Beverage Festival or Special Event
- “Dollywood's Flower and Food Festival” – Pigeon Forge
- Human Resource Excellence
Best Employee Engagement Initiative – Annual Attendance Less Than 1 Million.
- “We R.I.S.E. Together: Resilience, Innovation, Sustainability, Engagement” – Enchanted Kingdom
Best Employee Engagement Initiative – Annual Attendance More Than 1 Million.
- “Hersheypark Leadership Development Internship” – Hersheypark
Best Employee Reward and Recognition Program – Annual Attendance More Than 1 Million.
- “Work Here. Play Here. Win Here.” – Knoebels Park and Resort
Best Innovation in a Training Program – Annual Attendance Less Than 1 Million.
- “Meow Wolf 101: The Beginning” – Meow Wolf, Inc.
Best Innovation in a Training Program – Annual Attendance More Than 1 Million.
- “Guest Obsession: Four Pillars of GO!” – LEGOLAND Florida Resort
- Live Entertainment Excellence
Best Atmosphere/Street Show Performance Act
- “Magic Happens Parade” – Disneyland Resort
Best Live "Edutainment" Show
- “Orca Encounter” – SeaWorld Orlando
- “Caleb Brown” – Dollywood Parks and Resorts
Best Theatrical Production – Annual Attendance Less Than 1 Million.
- “EL ÚLTIMO CANTAR (The Last Song)” – Puy du Fou España SA
Best Theatrical Production – Annual Attendance More Than 1 Million.
- “Xcaret México Spectacular” – Grupo Xcaret
Most Creative Christmas Show
- “The Crystal Promise” – Universal Studios Japan
Most Creative Halloween Haunt, Show, or Experience
- “Oogie Boogie Bash - A Halloween Party” – Disneyland Resort
Most Creative Multimedia Spectacular
- “La Clé des Songes” – FUTUROSCOPE
Most Creative Sports/Stunt Show
- “Winter Wonderland on Ice” – SeaWorld Orlando
Most Creative Property-Wide Event – Annual Attendance Less Than 1 Million
- “For The Love Event, Surfing & Lifestyle Series” – URBNSURF Group
Most Creative Property-Wide Event – Annual Attendance More Than 1 Million
- “Gala of Lights” – Ocean Park Corporation
- Excellence in Marketing
Best Digital Marketing Campaign
- “Monster - King of Roller Coasters” – Gröna Lund
Best Integrated Marketing Campaign
- “Spider” – Fantasilandia
Best Outdoor Advertisement - Dual Winners
- “Explore Wonder!” – Ripley's Aquarium of Myrtle Beach
- “Grandes Sonrisas (Bigger Smiles)” – Grupo Xcaret
Best Public Relations Campaign - Dual Winners
“Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger Tease and Announcement” – Six Flags Fiesta Texas, San Antonio
“360˚Xafety” – Grupo Xcaret
Best Radio or Streaming Audio Commercial
- “Sharks Exhibit Advertising Campaign” – California Academy of Sciences
Best Social Media Campaign
- “Sleep with the Sharks Influencer Campaign” – Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
Best Television or Digital Video Commercial – Amusement Parks and Attractions, Including Water Parks, With Annual Attendance More Than 1 Million
- “Skin Exhibit Advertising Campaign” – California Academy of Sciences
Best Television or Digital Video Commercial – Annual Attendance Less Than 1 Million
- “To Travel is To Live” – Lakewood Camping Resort
Best Television or Digital Video Commercial – Annual Attendance More Than 1 Million
- “Vitamina X” – Grupo Xcaret
- Top Family Entertainment Center (FEC) of the World
- Scene75 Entertainment Center – Columbus, Ohio
- Best Exhibit Awards
Image Award Winner
- Daniels Wood Land, Inc., Booth 1369
Booth Size 100 – 399 Square Feet
- First Place: LvLuP Audio Towers, Booth 3984
- Second Place: Artistic Contractors, Inc., Booth 369
Booth Size 400 – 499 Square Feet
- First Place: Martin Aquatic Design & Engineering, Booth 1840
- Second Place: Art-FX Studios, Inc., Booth 2878
Booth Size 500 – 899 Square Feet
- First Place: Animax Designs, Inc., Booth 1065
- Second Place: Daniels Wood Land, Inc., Booth 1369
Booth Size 900 – 1,200 Square Feet
- First Place: Sandy Creek Mining Company, Booth 3471
- Second Place: Shaffer Distributing Co., Booth 1615
Booth Size 1,201 and Larger Square Feet
- First Place: Polin Waterparks, Booth 840
- Second Place: Triotech, Booth 1069
- Best New Product Exhibitor Awards
Major Ride/Attraction (Product cost of US$5 million or more)
- First Place: Vekoma, Booth 4637, Flying Launch Coaster (F.L.Y.)
- Second Place: Holovis, Booth 3429, LEGO Factory Adventure Ride
Major Ride/Attraction (Product cost of US$2 to US$5 million)
- First Place: Triotech, Booth 1069, Hyper Ride
- Second Place: Ride Engineers Switzerland, Booth 4410, Canyon Slide Rapids
Major Ride/Attraction (Product cost less than US$2 million)
- First Place: Wiegand Waterrides GmbH, Booth 3806, Weigand CoasterKart
- Second Place: Amega Technology, Booth 2869, E-Racing Container
Water Park Ride/Attraction
- First Place: ProSlide Technology, Inc., Booth 2254, Launched Dueling Water Coaster
- Second Place: WhiteWater West, Booth 2240, Parallel Pursuit
Patron Participation Ride/Attraction
- First Place: Creative Works, Booth 3871, Lucky Putt
- Second Place: Magic Jump, Inc., Booth 5182, 5481, Star Wars Millennium Falcon Hyperspace Jump Experience
Technology Applied to Amusements (Product or Service used by Consumers)
- First Place: Safemark, Booth 3008, GoPod® Mobile
- Second Place: Avius, Booth 3800, Avius Gestures - Touch-free feedback
Technology Applied to Amusements (Product or Service used by Facilities)
- First Place: Safemark, Booth 3008, GoRoll Mobile
- Second Place: Semnox Solutions, Booth 412, Redemption Kiosk: Klaimprize
Prizes, Plush & Retail Products
- First Place: NXT Capture, Booth 2708, NXT Selfie Experience
- Second Place: A&A Global, Booth 824, Custom Guitars 13in
Games & Devices
- First Place: Bay Tek Entertainment, Booth 1015, Axe Master
- Second Place: Pipeline Games, Booth 3615, CloudMeter
- First Place: VR Coaster GmbH & Co. KG, Booth 2272, YULLBE
- Second Place: VR 360 ACTION, Booth 2278, Children's Dinosaur
Exhibitions, Shows/Production, Theatrical Equipment and Supplies, Displays and Sets
- First Place: Falcon's Creative Group, Booth 2091, Becoming Jane: The Evolution of Dr. Jane Goodall
- Second Place: Enchant Studios, Booth 3484, Enchant Studios Holiday and Custom Lighting Sculpture Experiences
Services, Equipment & Supplies
- First Place: N-Flatables / Cutting Edge Creations, Booth 5166, Watchdog Blower Siren
- Second Place: Aqua Revival, Booth 2149, Aqua Revival Regenerative Media Filter
Best New Product Concept Award: Major Attraction
- First Place: Alterface, Booth 2051, Action League, the Interactive Revolution!
- Second Place: Extreme Engineering, Booth 4800, Surfin Tsunami
Best New Product Concept Award: Major Ride/Attraction
- First Place: Mack Rides GmbH & Co. KG, Booth 2269, The Rocking Boat
- Second Place: S&S Worldwide, Inc., Booth 2217, Axis Coaster
Best New Product Concept Award: Other Product/Service
- First Place: Ka'ana Wave Co., Booth 3679, CM7 Series - Deep Water Surf Machines
- Second Place: Microcom Corp., Booth 4543, Microcom 360C-RFID Color Printer for RFID Wristbands and Tickets
Impact Award Winner
- Wiegand Waterrides GmbH, Booth 3806, Weigand CoasterKart
If you have questions or concerns, please contact [email protected].