Best New Product Award
What is the IAAPA Brass Ring Best New Product Exhibitor Award?
The Best New Product category recognizes the best new product or service in the attractions industry.
Awards will be presented during IAAPA Expo 2023 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Must be a member of IAAPA and exhibiting at IAAPA Expo 2023. The company applying for the award must be the manufacturer of the product.
- All product entries (except Best New Product Concept award) must have been installed and operating in a park or facility not owned by an exhibitor beginning after Aug. 16, 2022 and before Aug. 15, 2023. All entries will be verified.
- The product or service must not have been eligible for consideration for a Best New Product Exhibitor Award during IAAPA Expo 2022 unless it was a Best New Product Concept applicant or winner.
- An improved or updated version of an existing product is eligible for entry as a new product, if it meets the above criteria. If a product is an update of an existing product, all factors that distinguish new product from previous edition must be noted in the application.
- Exhibitors who violate any IAAPA trade show rules and regulations will not be eligible for any Exhibitor Awards.
- Entry Procedures
- All entries must be submitted via the online portal. The deadline to apply is August 15, 2023.
- Entries are limited to two (2) new products, per exhibitor, and each product may only be entered into one (1) new product category. Two (2) separate new products may be entered into one (1) category. Only one (1) product can be entered in the Best New Product Concept category. Entries are per exhibiting company.
- Each entry will need to provide:
- Exhibiting Company Name at IAAPA Expo 2023.
- Booth Number
- On-site Contact Name, Telephone, and Email
- Name of Product/Service
- Category for entry
- Two-three files such as social media images, brochures, flyers, photographs, renderings, and/or artwork that showcases the product.
- Description of the benefits to the buyer.
- Description of product originality or uniqueness.
- Description of the quality of design and construction.
- Innovative features
- Value to the prospective buyer (including an approximate cost)
- Description of any features of the product that make it accessible and/or sustainable.
- Web link to more information.
- Video link showcasing the product.
- Minimum of one and up to two company names and contact information where the product/service has been installed (not required for Best New Concept category).
- All entries and materials submitted will be shared with the Exhibitor Awards Committee, and all entries become the property of IAAPA and will not be returned.
- All information submitted is confidential and will not be shared outside of the committee members.
- There is no cost to submit an entry.
- The deadline is August 15, 2023.
- Judging Process
- A panel of 3-5 judges comprised of IAAPA facility members will evaluate all entries pre-show.
- The judges reserve the right to reassign entry categories if they consider another category more appropriate.
- Two to four finalists will be selected per category in advance of the expo. Final judging will take place on the first morning of the trade show opening.
- The entire Exhibitor Awards Committee members will vote on the first and second place winners (as applicable) during IAAPA Expo.
- Each category will be awarded first and second place (at the discretion of the judges based on award criteria). If the judges vote that none of the applications submitted meet the judging criteria, no winners will be awarded.
- The Impact Award will be selected by the committee on-site. It is awarded to a winner of one of category 1-10 in the Best New Product Exhibitor Awards that, in the opinion of the judges, had or will have the most impact on the amusement parks and attractions industry.
- All awards will be distributed to the winner’s booths between 4-6:00 p.m. on the first day of the trade show. Please have the appropriate representative(s) in your booth during this time for presentation/photo with the award.
- A list of winners will be available in the IAAPA Operations Office by 6:00 p.m. on the first day of the trade show.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- Judging Criteria
- Verification Received / Level of Positive Feedback from Facility
- Originality or Uniqueness of the Product or Service
- Quality of the Product or Service in Terms of Design and Construction
- Benefit of the Product or Service to the Prospective Buyer
- Innovation of the Product or Service.
- Value of the product or service to the prospective buyer.
- Benefits to Winning Companies
- Receive a prestigious award to display in your facility.
- Listing on the Awards Winners display during IAAPA Expo.
- Identified in press releases issued to industry trade publications.
- Printed in a future issue of IAAPA’s Funworld magazine.
- Posted on the IAAPA website.
- Given the IAAPA Brass Ring Award Winner logo and toolkit to be used on your website or advertising materials.
2023 Best New Product Categories
- Major Ride/Attraction
This award is for new major rides or attractions in theme parks or amusement parks, mobile shows, and family entertainment centers.
Class A - Product cost of more than US$3 million
Class B - Product cost of less than US$3 million
- Family Ride/Attraction
This award is for new rides or attractions that are mild in thrills and designed primarily for families where a child and adult can experience them together or by a child alone. This ride/attractions can be used in theme parks, amusement parks, mobile shows, and family entertainment centers and includes coin-operated rides or attractions.
- Water Park Ride/Attraction
This award is for new products that are designed primarily for rides or attractions in a water park or water activity areas in theme parks, amusement parks or family entertainment centers.
Class A - Product cost of more than US$2 million
Class B - Product cost of US$2 million or less
- Patron Participation Ride/Attraction
This award is for new products that are designed to require active patron participation for the ride/attraction to function for use in theme parks, amusement parks, mobile shows, and family entertainment centers. Examples include bumper cars, bumper boats, go-karts, climbing walls, laser tag, escape rooms, and zip lines.
- Applied Technologies
This award is for new products that demonstrate the application of a technology that has not previously been used for the same function that the technology accomplishes in the new product. This also includes products related to revenue and admission control products.
Class A - Product or Service used by Consumers
Class B - Product or Service used by Facilities
Class C - Product or Service used in Food Service
- Prizes, Plush, Retail and Food Products
This award is for new products that are designed to be given away in games of skill, redemption centers or in merchandise gift shops. This category includes the areas of prizes for games, novelties, souvenirs, hats, shirts and balloons in game operations or gift shops, as well as food products.
- Games & Devices
This award is for the best new game products including arcade, video games, esports, and midway games and equipment. Games in this category may be coin-op or other means of payment and may or may not require an operator or attendant.
Class A - Arcade/Coin-op
Class B - Midway
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
This award is for the best virtual or augmented reality product or equipment including hardware or software.
- Exhibits, Thematic Displays and Supplies
This award includes products and services related to show production and entertainment related services and suppliers of these services. Show producers, directors, choreographers, costumes, lighting and sound systems, staging, theatrical equipment and supplies, and displays and sets including Halloween and other holiday-related products and displays. Also included in this category are fireworks, flags and banners, signs, scenery/sets, buildings and facades, and theming or design for an exhibit or attraction.
- Services, Equipment and Supplies
This award is for the best new amusement related services, equipment and suppliers of equipment/services. Included in this category are consultants, amusement park builders/designers, insurance, publications, trade associations, advertising, promotion and public relations. This award encompasses supplies and accessory equipment such as: uniforms, canvas items, strollers, film, computer systems, cables, batteries, lights, and all other supplies and equipment not included in another award category.
- Best New Product Concept Award
This award is given to a new product that has yet to be sold or installed in a facility, and is debuting at IAAPA Expo. To be eligible for this award, the exhibitor must display a working prototype, a physical model, or a fully developed video rendering.
Class A - Attraction
Class B - Major Ride or Water Park Ride
Class C - Other Product/Service
The Impact Award is awarded to a winner of one of the Best New Product categories (not including Best New Product Concept Award) that, in the opinion of the judges, had or will have the most impact on the attractions industry.
- All awards entries should be submitted online. See the Entry Procedures for information you will be required to submit. Applications for the 2023 IAAPA Brass Ring Best New Products Awards are now closed.
- When the registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
For Questions about the Exhibitor Awards, please contact [email protected] or call +1 321-319-7643.
Click here for information about the IAAPA Brass Ring Best Exhibit Awards at IAAPA Expo