IAAPA Expo Media & Press
The IAAPA Press Office welcomes members of the media from around the world to IAAPA Expo 2019, the premier conference and trade show for the global attractions industry. We are here to assist media who are covering the Expo in Orlando, Florida, Nov. 19-22, 2019. Registration will open soon. Check back for more information.
Press Policies and Credential Criteria
IAAPA offers complimentary press credentials to mainstream media and trade press outlets covering the attractions industry. This admission will allow eligible news reporters, photographers, or camera persons access to the trade show floor during public show hours.
- Read the Policies and Criteria
REMINDER: Photography of any kind is not permitted on the trade show floor without a press credential. Videography of any kind is not permitted without a Press Office staff escort or a special credential.
IAAPA offers complimentary press credentials to mainstream media and trade press outlets covering the attractions industry. This admission will allow eligible news reporters, photographers, or camerapersons access to the trade show floor during public show hours. A detailed list of eligible personnel is below.
(We are aware some newspapers, Internet media, and radio and television stations prefer their personnel not accept complimentary passes. We respect this policy and will gladly refuse complimentary credentials to your personnel if you so indicate.)
Trade Show credentialed media are expected to adhere to the following policies:All media on the show floor must have a PRESS credential displayed at all times. All video cameras and television cameras must be escorted on the show floor by IAAPA Press Office staff, unless approved in advance. Television cameras approved to be on the floor without an escort must display their PRESS credentials and a staff-provided wristband at all times. Interviews with an IAAPA spokesperson should be arranged through a member of the Press Office staff by e-mailing [email protected]. At the discretion of IAAPA staff, special event venue management, and/or the featured speaker, Press may not be permitted to participate in some educational programs or events.
Please note: IAAPA has the right to refuse or withdraw media credentials or guest passes at anytime. If you have questions about press credentials, please contact Susan Storey, communications director, or Lesley Harris, communications manager.
Limit: Two press credentials per media outlet. One guest pass per credentialed individual.
Press Credential Criteria:
Internet Media Eligible Staff: Writer, Webmaster
- Media outlet should cover the attractions or travel and tourism industry weekly.
- Confirmation of Complete.com registration or Google analytics may be requested.
- A story pitch may be requested.
Newspapers/Magazines Eligible Staff: Publisher, Reporter, Editor, Photographer
- Publication should cover the attractions or travel and tourism industry on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Circulation information may be requested during the press credential approval process.
- A story pitch may be requested.
Radio Stations Eligible Staff: Owner, Program Director, General Manager, News Reporter, News Director, On-Air Personnel, Assistant News Director, Producers
- Listenership and story pitch may be requested during the press credential process.
Television Stations (Television cameras must be escorted on the show floor at all times.)
Eligible Staff: Owner, News Reporter, General Manager, Producer (Non-advertising), News Director, On-Air Personnel, Assistant News Director, Program Director, Videographer, Assignment Editor, Production (Non-advertising)
- Viewership and story pitch may be requested during the press credential approval process.
- Press may attend education sessions unless the session is closed to the media. Closed sessions will be posted in the Press Office. For open education sessions, attending Press should ensure their badge is visible and identify themselves as media at the start of the session.
- Press wishing to attend networking events must register to attend and pay any fees associated with the event. Members of the media may purchase tickets in advance by logging back into the Press registration site, or on-site at the Special Services registration booth.
- Please note space is limited and some events sell out, so advance purchase is encouraged.
- Advertising and sales personnel do not qualify for press credential.
- Registered press are able to request a complimentary guest registration. Guests of press are limited to immediate family only.