Expo Europe Sustainability
In 2023 we are aiming at organising the Vienna show according to the criteria of the Austrian Ecolabel for Green Meetings. Our common commitments include:
Environmental Protection and Mobility
- Car free accessibility and promotion of car free and public transport to the Expo venue. Messe Wien is easily accessible on foot or by public transport from all points of Vienna.
- Incentives to support environmentally responsible traveling to/from the venue including bicycle systems and bike racks. View our travel page to learn more.
- Easily accessible, located at a short distance and eco-certified accommodation partners.
- Adherence to the venue’s environmental energy, waste management, and venue accessibility strategies.
Purchasing, Material and Waste Management
- Adaptation of the waste management plan with detailed on-site information about waste prevention and waste separation.
- Eco-labelled usage of paper for printing on-site. Aiming at reduction of printed materials and giveaways.
- Extensive list of environmentally friendly catering criteria including seasonal, local, organic food, reusable dishes, beverage packaging, and more.
Exhibitors, Stand Building
- Encouragement of implementation of environmental criteria among exhibitors and stand builders.
Power and Water
- Usage of electricity from renewable energies, energy efficient event technology, and environmentally friendly cleaning.