FAQs for IAAPA Expo Asia 2021
- Where and when will IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 be held?
IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 will be held 10-13 August 2021 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) in Shanghai, China. There will be a full conference day on 10 Aug, followed by the tradeshow and additional education sessions on 11-13 Aug.
- Why are you moving the Expo location and dates to Shanghai, China in August?
Given the continued uncertainties impacting travel – international and domestic – around the world, we believe delaying the Expo a few months, and moving to Shanghai, will give more opportunity for exhibitors and attendees to participate. The city of Shanghai resumed staging exhibitions, trade shows and other large events in June 2020. Since then, SNIEC has hosted several international shows. IAAPA will follow safety guidelines and operational procedures recommended by health authorities, the SNIEC, and event industry experts.
- Now that IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 has changed in location and show dates, what are the options?
Full deposits will be automatically moved to IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 in Shanghai. The exhibit rates will remain the same. You will also need to sign a new contract for Shanghai.
Exhibitors who contracted for IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 at Macau and decide not to exhibit at Shanghai shall receive a full refund on booth deposits that have been paid to IAAPA. Our goal is to settle refunds within 60 days upon confirmation.
- When is next payment due if we select Option 1?
Per contract terms, exhibitors are required to settle all balances by March 1, 2021.
We understand this is an unprecedented time around the world. Should you have any concerns about paying the balances in a timely manner, please contact the IAAPA Sales Team at [email protected].
- What if I agree to go with Option 1 and contract for the Shanghai show, but then decide not to participate?
Any cancellations after the contract submission for Shanghai will be subject to cancellation penalty as per contract terms.
- What is the booth/stand space allocation process for Shanghai if we select Option 1?
Priority space selection will be available and arranged based on seniority order for IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 (Macao) exhibitors who selected option 1 and subsequently submitted their contract for Shanghai. A member of IAAPA global sales team will contact exhibitors in the next few weeks to explain the process in detail.
Any contracts submitted after the selection process will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- I have already shipped my items to Macao. Will I receive a refund for shipping costs?
Please work with your shipping provider regarding any costs you have incurred thus far. Unfortunately, IAAPA cannot reimburse exhibitors for any shipping expenses.
- Will IAAPA refund for hotel and travel expenses I have already booked for Macao?
According to the Venetian Macao Resort Hotel’s policy, cancellation can be made up to 14 days prior to arrival. Please contact the hotel directly as soon as possible to cancel your reservation to avoid cancellation fees.
More information can be found on the Venetian Macao’s website here. IAAPA cannot reimburse for any hotel and travel expenses booked.
- Has a new official host hotel been selected for IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 in Shanghai?
IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 in Shanghai does not have an official host hotel, but IAAPA will provide booking links for a wide selection of hotels nearby the event venue. Alternatively, you can work with your travel agency regarding accommodation booking. New accordion content
- I am an IAAPA 2021 Global Exhibitor. Now that the show has changed in location and show dates, will I maintain my status?
If your company is contracted for all three 2021 IAAPA Expos (IAAPA Expo Asia, IAAPA Expo Europe, and IAAPA Expo) and selects Option 1 to exhibit at IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 in Shanghai, you will maintain your Global Exhibitor status.
- How does the change affect my seniority?
All contracted exhibitors who selected Option 1 and subsequently submit their contract for Shanghai will receive one year of exhibit seniority.
- I am also an IAAPA Expo Europe exhibitor, given both Expos are just one month apart, will show-to-show shipment be available?
Please work with your shipping provider regarding show-to-show shipments. Exhibitors can also contact our official freight forwarders below:
For IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 in Shanghai
Service Provider: APT Showfreight Limited
Contact Person: Jenny Yau
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +852 2877 0538
For IAAPA Expo Europe 2021 in Barcelona
Service Provider: Agility Fairs and Events
Contact Person: Dan Flower
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 207 069 5304
- Who can I contact at IAAPA for more information?
The IAAPA Exhibit Sales Team is here to support IAAPA Expo Asia exhibitors and provide critical needed information. Exhibitors are encouraged to contact representatives in their region:
Chris Lo ([email protected] or +852-2538-8277)
Cyrus Cheung ([email protected] or +852-2539-0977)
North America/Latin America region
Molly Hamill ([email protected] or +1 321/319-7642)
Dana Jasat ([email protected] or +1 321/319-7645)
Shereth Nunes ([email protected] or +1 321/319-7654)
Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region
Andrea Kolar ([email protected] or +43 2216 2915)
Annadora Buonocore ([email protected] or +32 2 535 77 21)
Iuliana Fornea ([email protected] or +32 2 535 77 32)
- Will IAAPA 2021 Global Exhibitors maintain their status?
If a sponsor company is contracted for all three 2021 IAAPA Expos (IAAPA Expo Asia, IAAPA Expo Europe, and IAAPA Expo) they will be acknowledged as a GLOBAL SPONSOR and will receive added benefits and year-round recognition on the IAAPA Expos webpage.
- What will happen with the first right of refusal status if sponsors opt for a refund for IAAPA Expo Asia 2021? How will this affect IAAPA Expo Asia 2022?
Should sponsoring companies choose to opt for the refund option for IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 in Macao and not roll the sponsorship and payments over to Shanghai, they will lose the first right of refusal status.
- What sort of payment plan options are being offered to sponsors?
IAAPA understands this is an unprecedented time. Sponsors with concerns about payment for sponsorship deposits and outstanding balances should contact Emily Popovich at [email protected] or +1 703.850.4155. All situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- What options are available for moving ad dollars from the IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 Program ad plan into other advertising opportunities?
Advertisers can move ad dollars to any of IAAPA advertising opportunity. There are two options to consider:
Option 1- Allocate funds to advertising:
- Funworld Magazine (Digital + Print) - the official magazine of IAAPA, with six issues each year.
- IAAPA News Daily (Digital) - an e-newsletter exclusively for IAAPA members. This is published daily March- Nov. Ads run through each month and change monthly.
- IAAPA.org (Digital) - offers banner and leaderboard positions. Leaderboard advertising is run throughout the site and will rotate with different ads.
- Trade Show Program (Print) - distributed on site during IAAPA Expo Asia, IAAPA Expo Europe and IAAPA Expo. Advertisers can select the program they would like to advertise in – and even choose or all three options.
- IAAPA Expo Show Daily (Digital + Print) - only available to IAAPA Expo sponsors and exhibitors. This is a daily magazine, produced on site, and distributed in print to all attendees the three days of the trade show and online all five days of IAAPA Expo.
Option 2: Cancel advertising for IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 Program Guide.
If advertisers choose this option, any "grandfathered" rates will be forfeited for 2021, and the opportunity will be opened to all IAAPA members on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Will Funworld’s “Asia-Pacific and Global Theme Parks" issue be moved to July/August to correlate with the new show dates?
Yes, here is the updated Funworld magazine calendar. Someone from our sales team will reach out to all advertisers regarding this change.
- Jan/Feb- FEC
- March/Apr-Finance and Security
- May/June- Water Parks
- July/Aug- Asia-Pacific and Global Theme Parks
- Sept./Oct.- EMEA
- Nov./Dec. – IAAPA Expo 2021