IAAPA Expo Asia Media & Press
The IAAPA Press Office welcomes members of the media to IAAPA Expo Asia, the attractions industry's premier event in Asia. We are here to assist media who are covering IAAPA Expo Asia, 10-13 in Shanghai, China.
Press Policies and Credential Criteria
IAAPA offers complimentary press credentials to mainstream media and trade press outlets covering the attractions industry. This admission will allow eligible news reporters, online media, influencers, photographers, or camera persons access to the trade show floor during public show hours. A detailed list of eligible personnel is below.
Each outlet may register up to two (2) reporters to cover the Expo.
- Read the Policies and Criteria
Trade Show credentialed media are expected to adhere to the following policies:
- All media on the show floor must have a press credential displayed at all times.
- All broadcast television cameras must be escorted on the show floor by IAAPA Press Office staff, unless approved in advance.
- Interviews with an IAAPA spokesperson should be arranged through a member of the Press Office staff.
- Press attending an education session should ensure their badge is visible and identify themselves as media at the beginning of the session.
- Press wishing to attend networking events or education sessions must register to attend and pay any fees associated with the event. If you plan to buy a ticket onsite, see attendants at the Special Services registration booth.
- Keep in mind, space is limited to some events and tickets availability is not guaranteed.
- At the discretion of IAAPA staff, special event venue management, and/or the featured speaker, Press may not be permitted to participate in some educational programs or events.
- Advertising and sales personnel do not qualify for press credential.
Press Credential Criteria:
- Digital Media
Eligible Staff: Writer, Webmaster
- Media outlet should cover the attractions or travel and tourism industry weekly.
- Confirmation of Complete.com registration or Google analytics is required to be considered for press credentials.
- A story pitch may be requested.
Eligible Staff: Reporter, Editor, Photographer
- Publication should cover the attractions or travel and tourism industry on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Circulation information may be requested during the press credential approval process.
- A story pitch may be requested.
- Radio Stations
Eligible Staff: News Reporter, News Director, On-Air Personnel, Assistant News Director
- Listenership and story pitch may be requested during the press credential process.
- Television Stations (Television cameras must be escorted on the show floor at all times.)
Eligible Staff: News Reporter, News Director, On-Air Personnel, Assistant News Director, Videographer, Assignment Editor, Production (Non-advertising)
- Viewership and story pitch may be requested during the press credential approval process.
Please note: IAAPA has the right to refuse or withdraw press credentials or guest passes at anytime. If you have questions about press credentials, please contact us at [email protected].
REMINDER: Photography of any kind is not permitted on the trade show floor without a press credential. Videography of any kind is not permitted without a Press Office staff escort or a special credential.
Press Office Contacts