Health and Safety Guidelines at IAAPA Expo Asia
Duty of Care
IAAPA is committed to creating an event experience where our attendees, exhibitors, partners, and team can safely and effectively conduct business. Our Duty of Care is a living document that will continue to evolve, incorporating innovative features that will further enhance the onsite experience and safety for everyone in attendance.
COVID Risk Statement
Before you register, please note:
- Public health agencies warn some individuals may be at increased risk in public places. Some government health organizations recommend people 65 years and older, those who live in nursing homes or long-term care facilities, and people with underlying medical conditions (particularly if not well controlled) should either remain home or keep their distance from others. Underlying medical conditions include conditions such as chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma, serious heart conditions, immunocompromise, severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 or higher), diabetes, chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis, and liver disease.
- Guests, employees, and visitors need to abide by all guidelines and recommendations to ensure their own health and safety and to ensure the health and safety of others.
We rely on you to protect yourself:
- If you’re sick, please don’t participate and encourage your family/traveling party not to participate until everyone is well.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or sanitize your hands often, and particularly after you touch surfaces touched by others.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Maintain appropriate physical distance from others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask/face covering
Even with precautions in place, there is still some risk of exposure to COVID-19. We are committed to keeping you healthy and safe and have taken a number of precautions, including those recommended by applicable health authorities, but we cannot guarantee you won’t be exposed to COVID-19.
- Masks/Face Coverings
All individuals age 2 and up will be required to wear a face covering while in the facility, riding Expo transportation, and taking part in off-site Expo-related events. Face coverings can be removed when actively eating food and beverage in a stationary position and maintaining appropriate physical distancing. Complimentary masks will be available for those that need one. All face coverings must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the attendee to remain hands-free
- Neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable
- Hand Washing/Hand Sanitizing
Frequent hand washing with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds is encouraged to help combat the spread of germs. Touchless hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the facilities including restrooms, concourses, food and beverage areas, meeting rooms, registration areas, and the trade show floor. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- No Contact Policy
Meeting and greeting are a core part of IAAPA Expo Asia. To help reduce the potential spread of germs and to maintain 2m (6 feet) physical distance, please no handshaking, hugging, or touching others. Suggested alternative greetings include say hello, wave to the person, give a nod, mime a fist bump, or show your jazz hands. Attendees are discouraged from sharing printed business cards and exhibitors should consider touchless devices such as lead retrieval options.
- Physical Distancing
Individuals should leave at least 2m (6 feet) of empty space to the person closest to them. To help ensure Expo attendees can adhere to physical distancing, IAAPA has added:
- Signage and visuals encouraging and promoting physical distancing.
- Designating separate entrances and exits when possible.
- Capacity limitations at education sessions.
- Floor markings designating incremental physical distancing.
- Adding physical barriers such as sneeze guards.
- Crowd Density / Flow and Density
IAAPA Expo Asia will following physical distancing requirements based on a 2-meter radius (approximately 6-foot) space separating individuals and physical distancing space per person of approximately 2.65 sqm (28 sq. ft.). This guideline will be followed whenever possible in all areas including the trade show floor, registration area, lobby areas, education sessions, special events, and meeting rooms.
- Cleaning and Disinfectant Procedures
The Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and commonly touched objects such as hand railings and door handles.
To enter the SNIEC, individuals will need to have their temperature checked. Temperatures higher than 37.3 Celsius will be referred to the onsite medical station. Individuals will also need to scan the Shanghai Health Code on their mobile device.
- Onsite Medical
A medical doctor will be available at the SNIEC should an attendee show symptoms of COVID-19 during IAAPA Expo Asia. There will also be a first aid location inside Hall N5 for other injuries.