Sustainable Construction Tips
May 13, 2022
Consider these sustainability ideas when undertaking new construction:
- Plan to minimize energy use, making new and renovated buildings less expensive to run.
- Harvest rainwater to aid in flushing toilets after storms.
- Bring fresh air inside, while avoiding materials that create harmful emissions.
- Incorporate natural light.
- Consider sound insulation to help in recuperation during a busy day.
- Design additions to be flexible—where a retail space today can become a food service location in the future, thus avoiding the need to demolish or rebuild.
Source: The World Green Building Council