IAAPA Expo Europe Kicks Off
VIENNA, AUSTRIA (September 26, 2023) – Doors officially opened for IAAPA Expo Europe 2023 at the Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center today, marking the return of IAAPA to the first European city to host this premier industry event. In a dynamic time of expansion, IAAPA, the global association for the attractions industry, offered its first branded Europe expo event in 2005. With a trade show floor open today through 28 September, this highly anticipated event promises to be a hub of innovation, inspiration, and networking within the attractions industry.
“Returning to Vienna is like a homecoming for our team because this vibrant city is where we first introduced ourselves to the region,” said Jakob Wahl, president and chief executive officer for IAAPA. “This show brings the best of our industry together in one space to focus on educational learnings, spotlight innovation, and network in meaningful ways that push us all to expand our business and offerings."
IAAPA Expo Europe, the region’s premier event for the leisure and attractions industry, welcomes professionals, exhibitors, and industry enthusiasts from around the globe. With more than 15,000 expected attendees and a sprawling exhibition floor, this year's event has already broken records by having the largest exhibit floor ever for this annual event. There are nearly 640 exhibiting companies occupying more than 17,500 square meters of space.
The trade show floor opened this morning after an exciting opening ceremony that celebrated the rich history of the region—Waltz music and the Giant Ferris Wheel in the Prater included. The ceremony featured Susanne Kraus-Winkler, the Austrian State Secretary of Tourism, who spoke about the importance of the attractions industry and its impact on tourism around the world. “The years ahead of us are looking bright,” she said. “Let’s create memorable experiences together."
Peter van der Schans, executive director and vice president of IAAPA Europe, Middle East, and Africa, expressed his excitement about the event's potential. “IAAPA Expo Europe is an exceptional opportunity for attractions industry leaders to connect, collaborate, and discover the latest trends and technologies. As we gather in Vienna, we look forward to showcasing the resilience and creativity of our industry while charting a course towards a brighter future,” said van der Schans.
Highlights from the coming days at IAAPA Expo Europe 2023 include:
- Educational Sessions: Attendees can participate in a wide range of educational sessions and seminars, covering topics such as sustainability, guest experience enhancement, and the latest industry trends.
- Networking Opportunities: IAAPA Expo Europe offers various networking events, allowing industry professionals to connect, share ideas, and form valuable partnerships.
- Inspirational Keynotes: Renowned industry experts and thought leaders will deliver keynote addresses, providing insights and inspiration for the future of the attractions industry.
- IAAPA Charity Auction: Raising funds for The IAAPA Foundation, this week’s expo features an exceptional array of exclusive items up for bid like All Access Pass Emerald Park for 2024 & Track Climb of coaster Wooden Cú Chulainn (courtesy of Emerald Park); tickets to Hot Ice 2024 & an Exclusive Suite at BLVD Hotel (courtesy of Blackpool Pleasure Beach); and a Eurosat coaster car (courtesy of Europa-Park).
- IAAPA Expo Europe will undoubtedly be transformative experience for everyone involved, fostering a sense of unity and optimism within the attractions industry.
IAAPA Expo Europe will undoubtedly be transformative experience for everyone involved, fostering a sense of unity and optimism within the attractions industry.
IAAPA is a diverse and dynamic community of global attractions professionals. As the largest international trade association for permanently located attractions, IAAPA unifies the attractions community, connects people to learn and grow together, and strives to promote the highest professional standards for excellence and safety around the world.
Founded in 1918, IAAPA represents leading industry attractions and supplier companies, consultants, and individual members from more than 100 countries. Members include professionals from amusement parks, theme parks, attractions, water parks, resorts, family entertainment centers, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums, cruise lines, manufacturers, and suppliers.
The association’s global headquarters and North America office are in Orlando, Florida, U.S. IAAPA also maintains offices in Brussels, Belgium; Hong Kong, China; Shanghai, China; and, Mexico City, Mexico. Visit IAAPA.org or connect through IAAPA’s social media channels: @IAAPAHQ #IAAPA