Connect With Attendees / Appointment Setting
Using IAAPA's mobile app, Connect+, exhibitors can enhance their exhibiting experience. Connect+ is now open. Login here. Note, each exhibitor will need to be registered through Exhibitor Registration with a unique email in order to access the app.
- What is Connect+
IAAPA Connect+ is the premier digital platform for the global attractions industry. This platform will be used to provide information and access to IAAPA’s in-person, hybrid, and virtual events including Expos and Summits.
IAAPA Connect+ is home to virtual events where attendees can watch conference sessions, connect with other attendees, interact with exhibitors, view the agenda, on-site information and more. The IAAPA Connect+ online platform and mobile app is free for members and non-members.
- Exhibitor Access to Connect+
The exhibit Booth Contact will have access to the company's Connect+ booth profile to provide an enhanced listing for attendees using the mobile app during IAAPA Expo.
There are three ways for exhibitors to access Connect+:
- Email from Connect+ sent once the system launches
- IAAPA's website
- Connect+ Mobile App (downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play)
Whichever way you get there, login to get started. Connect+ opens to exhibitors in October. IAAPA recommends you use desktop access to set-up your booth.
- Attendee Profile Overview
Before accessing your exhibitor profile, you must first build your personal attendee profile. Your Connect+ attendee profile is your digital presence in Connect+. Your profile allows you to connect with other users and share information with these connections. Your attendee profile information used during IAAPA Expo carries over to every event and program that you attend in Connect+ in the future. Profile information can be edited at any time.
The first step is to review the information available to others in your profile. There are two types of information that are shared with other users, public and private. Here is the breakdown of what is visible to others in each setting.
Public profile information is accessible by all participants of the event. Information that is shared includes the following:
- Company Name
- Social Networks (If completed)
- Company Link
Private information, is only accessible by the participants with whom you are connected with on Connect+. The information shared includes the following:
- Company Name
- Social Networks (If completed)
- Telephone (If completed)
- Address (If completed)
- Company Link
- Connecting With Attendees
Once your personal profile has been created, you can begin building connections with individuals at the event. Follow the steps below to send connection requests.
- Go to someone's profile via the list of attendees, speakers, or a company profile and click on the blue "Send Connection Request" button.
- Write a message before sending a connection request to introduce yourself and explain the reason for your request.
- You will be able to find all the people you have been in contact with from "My contacts" tab under your profile picture, or in the "My Event" button in My Networking tab.
- Benefits of Connect+ as an Exhibitor
With Connect+ at IAAPA Expo, you’ll have the ability to feature your company, team, and products and services to attendees in person and online. Connect+ will also allow your team to make 1:1 connections with attendees, schedule meetings in-person and virtually, and chat — all with our new platform.
With an upgrade to Premium you’ll have access to even more features to make your company stand out from your competition and increase traffic to your exhibit page! The images below outline what is included for each listing type. View the Booth Profile/Exhibitor Listing page for additional information and the order form to upgrade to a Premium Listing.
Premium Listing Example
Basic Listing Example
- Exhibitor Center
The Exhibitor Center allows you to increase your event visibility using your digital booth. You can control the content that attendees will see at your booth by editing your exhibitor profile. This allows you to add and modify information about your company to maximize your return on investment. The Exhibitor Center allows you to:
- Manage and update your exhibitor profile
- Gather all new contacts of your team members who are assigned to your exhibitor profile and export them in a single Excel file
- Promote your products or services to potential connections (optional). NEW FOR 2023: Provide information about a new product or service you are bringing to IAAPA Expo in the "New for 2023" section under Products and Services.
- Reply to meeting requests made to your company, and manage meetings of your members (optional)
There are three ways to access your Exhibitor Center (numbers correlate to the image below):
- Click on your Exhibitor booth from the home page
- Click “Exhibitor Center” in the drop down menu.
- Using the Exhibitor quick link to find your profile
You can access the Exhibitor Center before IAAPA Expo. This allows you an opportunity to build your profile and ensure it is ready for the Expo.
The navigation bar will appear on the left side of your screen. It will help you navigate between the difference sections of the Exhibitor Center. Home is the first page that you will see when accessing the Exhibitor Center.
- Managing Your Exhibitor Profile
In order to take advantage of all the benefits of Connect+, we advise you to fill in all the editable information on your exhibitor profile. This will ensure your company has a strong digital presence and can make the most impact at the event.
Building Your Profile
Once you have logged into to your Company Profile, click the EDIT button next to each section. Some areas will only be accessible for those that upgrade to the Premium Listing. Sections available in Connect+ include:
- Company Description (Information)
- Social Media pages
- Company Contact Details
- Press Releases
- Documents and Links (Show Specials, Products, New for 2023 Products and Services)
Managing Your Team
Your virtual booth's team will default to the individual who was notated as your company booth contact on your company's registration. You can add more team members later as long as they are registered for the expo. See Badges/Exhibitor Registration.
- Scroll down to the Team section in the Company Profile and click on Manage.
- A list of team members will show on the center of the page.
- Click the blue Add A Member button on the right side and enter the email address of the individual. Note the email must match the same one used in the Exhibitor Registration site.
- You can adjust the settings for each team member including making their personal profile visible on your Company Profile and sharing their leads with the team.
- Managing Meeting Requests and Availability
Meeting requests scheduled in Connect+ for IAAPA Expo will be conducted in person. Meeting requests will contain your booth location for attendees to find you.
- Click on Meetings in the left navigation bar in the Exhibitor Center.
- In the center of the page you will see a list of meetings for you and your team. This will include those requests that have been accepted, declined, and new requests.
- You can also export all meetings into an Excel file on the right side of the page by clicking Export Meetings.
- To view the meeting details, click on the box of the meeting request.
- The meeting details will appear on the right side. The request will default to meeting with your company, however if needed, you can assign the meeting to a specific member of your team. This is also where you accept or decline the meeting request. The status of the meeting request may be changed at any time.
Setting Meeting Availability Times
- On the left navigation bar click Availability under the Meetings section. This is where you can manage the meeting availability for your and your team.
- Times are scheduled in 30 minute increments.
- Check the boxes for the times you are available for meetings.
- You can select full days or specific times throughout the day. Only boxes checked will show available to attendees.
- Leads Board
By going to the "Leads board" tab in the Exhibitor Center menu on the left side of the page, you can view the main analytics of your exhibitor profile, see your team’s contacts and view connections data.
This section will provide you a basic analytics of your digital booth. This includes the number of views, contacts made, and the amount of people who bookmarked your page. Located in the center of the page.
Virtual Booth Visits
This section provides visibility of who visited your digital booth, located on the right side of the page.
You and your team's contacts will appear in this section. You will see contacts of your team who have enabled the contact sharing option. You can check if all your team members have activated it from the "Your team" tab in the Exhibitor Center.
Enhance your booth listing with a Premium Upgrade