Audience Participation Safety Form & Ride Registration
ALL Exhibitors, regardless of display items, must complete the Audience Participation Safety Form by October 4.
Audience Participation Definition: A product or device that moves a participant through a fixed course. Coin-op products are exempt.
- Dynamic Device Requirements
The exhibitor is solely responsible for compliance with federal, state and local laws governing the attraction or ride. An independent Safety Consultant will conduct a pre-show review of all materials submitted and on-site Safety Inspection. The on-site inspection will review, inspect and approve all product demonstrations. This inspection will continue throughout Expo and this Safety Consultant is authorized to stop any demonstration, any time during the show, that is not inspected, has safety concerns, inconsistencies with industry standards and applicable safety ordinances, codes and regulations relating to the construction or presentation of the exhibits, or is not in compliance with IAAPA guidelines.
- Submit the booth layout and design including all dimensions. All exhibitors displaying amusement rides and devices shall comply with all applicable ASTM F-24 Group of Standards.
- Fencing is required for all moving rides that are not coin-operated. Fencing must be 42 inches high with an opening no more than 4 inches wide and should include entry and exit gates.
- Provide multi-perspective photographs or overhead and side view renderings (photos or drawings) including dimensions.
- Submit a copy of a liability insurance form including a total combined general liability policy to include the equivalent of US$3 million general aggregate and US$2 million per occurrence. This policy must be additional to the compulsory insurance that IAAPA is carrying on behalf of the exhibitor and must list IAAPA as additionally insured. Insurance COI should include the following information on the certificate: IAAPA, Orange County Convention Center, GES, their entities, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, officers, staff, volunteers and employees, are additionally insured for IAAPA Expo 2024, November 14-24, 2024. IAAPA should be the certificate holder. Address is 4155 West Taft Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32837. Exhibitors that need assistance obtaining dynamic insurance coverage may contact Rainprotection at +1 800-528-7975, Rainprotection.net or you may work with your own provider.
- Provide operational standard procedures or guidelines including emergency and/or evacuation plan.
- Provide participant or rider requirements or limitations.
- Supply copies, photos, rendering or descriptions of safety signs or audio spiels.
- Provide operator and attendant training records or verification of completed training.
- Provide a copy of the device or attraction opening inspection checklist.
- Supply copies of prior government or private design, manufacturing, or construction approvals. This would be from any private certification firm or engineering firm and governmental approvals.
- If the device or attraction is a prototype the required documentation extends to the major componentry. If the ride is a prototype a written history of the ride or its major componentry and the reasons why IAAPA should grant approval for its demonstration to the public must be included.
- Supply any documents which would answer any questions by the Safety Consultant about safety concerns, inconsistencies with industry standards and applicable safety ordinances, codes and regulations relating to the construction of your exhibit and the demonstration of the device, attraction, game, product, service, or promotion.
- Attend one of the Dynamic Exhibitor Operation Review Sessions that take place on-site, Monday, November 18 from 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. or 3:00 – 3:30 p.m. Room location TBD.
- During the show days, complete your Daily Pre-Opening Inspection Form after your inspection and return to the Safety Office in the CLM Risk Management booth #3431 prior to show opening each day.
- Form Instructions
- Login to your Exhibitor Console. Use the password on your booth confirmation. You can also retrieve by clicking the “retrieve” link and using the company contact’s email address.
- Once logged in, scroll down the page and click “Exhibitor Required Documents”.
- Click “Audience Participation Safety Form & Ride Registration” link.
- Select which type of product(s) will be displayed in your booth. If none apply, select box "G" and submit the form.
- No devices in booth: Click the button then submit the form.
- Under Participation Type, indicate if the product selected is only on display or if attendees will be interacting with the product. If Display Only, select then submit the form.
- If Participation Type is Dynamic/Audience Participation, complete all relevant fields, upload the necessary documents, the submit.