Ancillary and Satellite Events
IAAPA recognizes that IAAPA Expo exhibitors have increasing needs for space and time to host ancillary and satellite meetings. IAAPA has made available time and space in IAAPA-controlled meeting facilities (convention center/host hotels) for exhibitor-hosted meetings which do not compete or conflict with the official conference and trade show held at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC), November 19-22, 2024.
Companies that are not currently registered as exhibitors at IAAPA Expo 2024 are not eligible for ancillary space requests with the exception of non-exhibiting Platinum sponsors.
IAAPA requires all organizations that wish to hold a function to complete an Ancillary & Satellite Event Application. A completed Ancillary & Satellite Event Application provides IAAPA with the necessary information to assign space and assist members, volunteers, and meeting attendees with any questions that may arise.
- APPLY TODAY
- Types of Events
Ancillary Events and defined as non-IAAPA sponsored events held during official IAAPA Expo dates (November 19-22, 2024) that exhibitors and attendees may attend. These include, but are not limited to:
- Meetings of exhibitors, attendees, associations, or other non-IAAPA committees/working groups including board meetings. Scheduling a meeting to host an educational session, product demonstration is prohibited, or social/hospitality events during Expo hours. Meetings may be conducted on a limited basis during Expo hours but may not include catering options.
- Social Events including receptions, dinners, alumni events, reunions, and specialty groups or other hospitality where there is no educational/scientific program presented. These may be restricted to times that are not conflicting with Expo show hours or the Thursday night IAAPA Celebrates.
- Satellite Events are non-IAAPA events scheduled to take place on dates that fall three days before or three days after official IAAPA Expo meeting dates.
- Application Deadline
All Ancillary & Satellite Request Forms must be submitted by October 25.
- Application Fee
The application fee is $500. No requests for ancillary space will be considered without an application fee. If the application is approved, IAAPA will apply the $500 to the rental space fees. If the application is not approved, IAAPA will refund $500 no later than December 21, 2024.
- Event Times
Event space can be reserved for (1) 8-hour day or (2) 4-hour days depending on the nature of the event as outlined above. Event times cannot compete with IAAPA scheduled special events.
- Commercial / Exhibiting Companies
One of the benefits for commercial companies that exhibit at IAAPA Expo is the opportunity to host ancillary events during the Expo. Non-exhibiting commercial companies are prohibited from advertising, soliciting, or otherwise contacting IAAPA meeting registrants on official IAAPA meeting space or at IAAPA meeting hotels. IAAPA will not release or assign any meeting space to commercial companies not already contracted as an official IAAPA Expo exhibitor.
- Request Approval or Denial
Upon completion and approval of the Ancillary & Satellite Request Application, all organizers will be contacted with additional information. Space will be assigned on a space-available basis if the application is approved.
Ancillary & Satellite Request Forms will be denied, and space will not be assigned if a form violates IAAPA guidelines.
- Room Assignments
Room assignments will be made early October. All requests for meeting space will be approved by IAAPA before space can be confirmed by venues. IAAPA and hotels/convention center have the right to move an event if IAAPA or the hotel determines the space assigned is later needed for an official IAAPA function or if the space assigned is not best suited in the assigned room.
- Event Coordination at Hotels / Convention Center
Requesters are responsible for making all arrangements directly with the venue once space has been assigned and the application approved by IAAPA. Requester must use all official contractors at the Orange County Convention Center including catering, audio-visual, and furniture. Please contact IAAPA prior to arranging services with an outside vendor. Requesters are responsible for providing signage, including setting and removing prior and after the event. Signage is only permitted in and around assigned meeting space, and must be ground-based/free standing.
Please note that the hotel/convention center may charge for the use of the meeting room. Room rental can be negotiated between the requester and the hotel/convention center (after space assignment is confirmed). Each function will be handled individually and issued a separate contract. All meeting room rental fees, food and beverage, audio-visual equipment rentals and other services are the responsibility of the requester. Requesters should study function contracts carefully before signing, paying special attention to cancellation clauses. In the event of a canceled function, the requester may be required to pay the hotel for lost revenue.
- Rental Fees at the Convention Center
Number of Hours Fees Parameters 1 to 4 Hours $500 Max (2) 4-Hour Days 4 to 8 Hours $1,000 Max (1) 8-Hour Day
For rentals which exceed $500, upon request, IAAPA will provide invoices for all rental fees and additional charges by December 14, 2024. Hotel meeting space fees vary depending on location.
All food and beverage, audio visual equipment and signage must be coordinated with the venue and paid directly to those vendors, not IAAPA.
- Wednesday, meeting room from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. = $500 + $500 = $1,000
- Thursday, meeting room from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. = $1,000
Any exhibitor that cancels their booth space or is a no-show at IAAPA Expo, will have their meeting space automatically canceled with no refund to the exhibitor.
- Suitcasing Policy
Please note that while IAAPA events and expos are open to all industry personnel, any attendee or exhibitor who are observed to be soliciting business including distribution of promotional materials in the aisles or other public spaces or in another company’s booth, will be asked to return their badges and to leave the show floor immediately. Non-exhibiting attendees are prohibited from promoting their business services per-show including on social media. Violators may be removed from the premises, have their badge revoked, and/or prohibited from attending future IAAPA events. IAAPA asks that you report any violations observed to the Show Office immediately. Show Management is available at IAAPA Central, Registration, or Show/Operations Office or contact [email protected].
- Outboarding Policy
Outboarding is defined as marketing, sales, and hospitality events conducted by exhibitors and others capitalizing on the presence of buyers and/or sellers attending the original show without previously notifying the original show organizer and finagling an arrangement that benefits both parties. This practice is considered unethical and is condemned by IAAPA. It includes practices such as “coat-tailing”, “piggy-backing”, co-location of events, and large-scale hospitality events, particularly during show hours.
- Breach of Guidelines
Failure to adhere to the Guidelines may result in any or all the following actions by IAAPA:
- Prohibited from participating as an Exhibitor at a future IAAPA Expo.
- Cancellation of the Ancillary or Satellite Event.
- Loss of exhibitor seniority and/or a monetary fine.
- Refusal to allow company or group the opportunity to exhibit or hold meetings or other events in IAAPA-controlled meeting facilities in current year or a specified number of future years
- If it is determined that a company contracted for space with the facility directly, outside of the IAAPA approval process, the pre-existing contract with each facility empowers that facility to close the event without notice