IAAPA Summit: Latin America, Caribbean and Post Tour 2022
Summit: April 25-27 | Iguazu, Brazil (Registration is Closed)
Post Tour: April 27-29 | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Sold Out)
All sessions, presentations, and tours will have Spanish-English-Portuguese interpretations.
The IAAPA Summit: Latin America, Caribbean is the most exclusive opportunity to connect with the entertainment and attractions industry in Latin America and the Caribbean. This unique event opens the doors behind the scenes of some of the popular attractions of Foz do Iguazu in Brazil.
This Summit brings together owners, CEOs, and senior managers of the parks, attractions, and companies in the region in an exclusive environment in which they can learn, exchange experiences and create business opportunities.
Registration deadline: April 8, 2022
Enjoy a destination recognized worldwide for its immense natural beauty that blends extraordinarily with the parks and attractions of the place. Discover this beautiful scenario from Brazil's perspective. Learn best practices and be amazed by its natural wonders and biodiversity.
Expand your experience and deepen the relationships of your new network of contacts by joining the Post Tour, where we will visit the main attractions of the beautiful city of Rio de Janeiro. The Post Tour is SOLD OUT!
- More Testimonials
“I believe the Summit is the ideal moment to create networks between leaders and colleagues in the region. In addition to visiting new places, personally, I have strengthened relationships over the years sharing experiences and problems that are common to all of us. Since the first IAAPA Summit we continue to attend every year because it is really worth taking those days to connect. " -Valeria Cañón, Aquópolis, Argentina.
"The Summit is a great opportunity to do high-quality networking and learn how parks operate in Latin America." -Estefania Monares, Semnox Solutions.
“The Summit is one of my favorite events in the industry: well organized, with an excellent mix of attractions and unique access to knowledge and information. It’s incredible. I highly recommend it. " -Norman Hermann, Mack Rides, Germany.
“It is a unique opportunity that combines access to intrinsic knowledge of the parks and attractions visited with ideal space and time to make connections. I highly recommend it, both for operators and suppliers. " -Francisco Donatiello, REPRO Engenharia, Brazil.
Agenda - Summit
The program begins April 25 at 9 a.m. and ends April 27 at 5 p.m. local time.
Program subject to change
- Keynote Sessions
Industry leaders in Foz do Iguazu will share their experiences on developing entertainment within an environment of natural attractions, the key to extending the stay at the destination, and will provide invaluable insight into its success in attracting nearly two million visitors a year.
- Blue Park
Learn about the workings of this water park located on top of the second largest freshwater reserve in the world, ensuring a supply of clear crystal hot springs. In addition, it has the third-largest thermal wave beach in the world with natural sand, creating a beach environment 700 kilometers from the sea.
- Three Borders Framework
This tourist complex is located at the junction of the Iguazu and Parana rivers, right where Paraguay, Brazil, and Argentina meet. Its objective is to rescue the cultural, artistic, and historical aspects of the region within a thematic environment inspired by the old Jesuit missions. In addition to learning about an attraction focused on historical and cultural settings. We will enjoy a variety of shows and dinner from the region in an informal networking environment.
- Birds Park
The Birds Park is a family business that attracts more than half a million visitors a year, offering an up-close and immersive experience with birds. It is the only institution in the world focused on the conservation of the beautiful and exuberant birds of the Atlantic Forest, the largest humid biome on the planet, and a world natural heritage. We will take an educational tour where we will learn more about the development of a family business focused on conservation and innovation.
- Iguazu Falls (Brasil)
Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the Iguazu Falls, located along the Iguazu River between Brazil and Argentina, are the largest waterfall complex in the world and an unmissable natural wonder. Learn about the operation of this impressive attraction that receives almost 2 million visitors per year, only from the Brazilian side, and travel almost a mile of trails that will take you to the Devil's Throat, the largest of the falls.
- Macuco Safari
Located in the heart of the Iguazu National Park in Brazil, Macuco Safari takes you on a tour that begins by immersing yourself in the jungle in open electric cars that allow you to observe in detail the unique flora and fauna of the region. An optional jungle walking tour allows you to get even deeper with the greenery. At the end of the jungle tour, we will board a boat on the Iguazu River where you will have the option of taking a "dry" ride, or the exciting "wet" ride through the rapids of the river and on the great horseshoe of the waterfall, known as the Devil's Throat.
- Itaipu Binational Dam
The Itaipu hydroelectric plant is the largest producer of clean and renewable energy in the world. This binational project, located on the Parana River between Paraguay and Brazil, provides energy to both countries. Be amazed by this gigantic feat of engineering during a special tour that will take you through the complexity of its construction and operation.
- Yup Star Foz
Opened in December 2021, the Yup Star Foz observation wheel is one of the highest in Latin America at 88 meters high, and accommodates 288 people in 36 air-conditioned cabins. The attraction's name refers to the brand's official character, Yup, a friendly and vain blue bird whose mission is to make people experience a little of his perspective, allowing them to admire the Three Borders Landmark from the heights. This newest attraction in Iguazu is prepared to receive 500 thousand people a year.
Agenda - Post Tour
THE POST TOUR IS SOLD OUT!
The program begins on April 28 at 12 noon and ends on April 29 at 9 p.m. local time.
Program subject to change
- Aqua Rio
This huge marine aquarium considered the largest in South America was built in an area salvaged during the past Olympics. It has 5,000 animals of 350 species from all over the world, divided into 28 habitats along 5 floors.
- Yup Star Rio de Janeiro
This impressive 88-meter-high panoramic wheel, inaugurated in December 2019, is the tallest panoramic wheel in Latin America and one of the 20 largest wheels in the world.
- Museum of Tomorrow
Through experiments and experiences, the Museum of Tomorrow transports visitors through five zones: The Cosmos, The Earth, the Anthropocene, Tomorrow, and Now. The museum combines science with innovative and sustainable design, the work of the famous Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava, and analyzes current trends related to technological advances, world population growth, and climate change.
- Christ The Redeemer
One of the seven wonders of the modern wold, Christ the Redeemer is a 30- meter-tall statue of Jesus of Nazareth. Also known as Corcovado Christ (named after the mountain on wich it stands), it is one of the most important and iconic tourist attractions in Brazil.
- Sugar Loaf
This peak is one of the most striking among the various granite monoliths that rise from the sea in Rio de Janeiro. A glass cable car runs along a 1,400-meter route to take visitors to the Sugar Loaf viewpoint, where Post Tour attendees will have the opportunity to watch the sunset and enjoy a cocktail dinner with a unique panoramic view of Rio de Janeiro.
IAAPA Member $ 590 USD
Non-member $ 790 USD
Includes: Ground transportation the three days of the event from the host hotel to all activities; access, behind-the-scenes tours and presentations at the facilities visited; lunch on April 25, 26, and 27, and dinner on April 25 and 26; simultaneous Spanish-English-Portuguese translation for all conferences and tours; 13 credit hours toward your IAAPA certification renewal. Does not include accommodation**, air transportation, or post-tour. Attendees must arrive at Foz do Iguazu airport (IGU code). The program begins April 25 at 10 a.m. and ends April 27 at 5 p.m. local time.
- - IAAPA Member in single room city view room $955 USD
- - IAAPA Member in single ocean view room $1,350 USD
- - IAAPA member in double room city view* $760 USD
- - IAAPA Member in double room ocean view* $950 USD
- - Non-member in single room city view $1,110 USD
- - Non-member in single room ocean view $1,500 USD
- - Non-member in double room city view* $910 USD
- - Non-member in double room ocean view* $1,100 USD
(*) To select an accommodation in a double room it is necessary to share the room with another person of your choice registered for the Post Tour.
Includes: Lodging at the Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel (5 stars) on April 27, 28, and 29; ground transportation on April 28 and 29 from the hotel to all activities; transportation to and from the airport on April 27, 28, and 30 at pre-selected times; access and tours of the facilities visited; breakfast at the hotel on April 28, 29 and 30; lunch and dinner on April 28 and 29. Does not include air transportation from Iguazu. Attendees must arrive at Rio de Janeiro airport (code GIG) on April 27 at night or on April 28 in the morning. The program begins on April 28 at 12-noon and ends on April 29 at 9 p.m. local time.
Registration deadline: April 8, 2022
Foz do Iguazu - Summit
The registration fee for the Summit does not include accommodation. We have selected the Mabu Thermas Grand Resort hotel in Foz de Iguazu, Brazil, as the host hotel for the event for April 25, 26, and 27. Those attending the meeting will be able to enjoy the following preferential rates:
- Tropical single room R$ 559 ($ 99 USD approx.)
- Tropical double room R$ 724 ($ 128 USD approx.)
- Tropical triple room R$ $ 889 ($ 158 USD approx.)
All rates include breakfast (7 a.m. to 10 a.m.) and are subject to 5% tax.
To obtain these rates please contact Mabu Thermas Grand Resort directly using the code IAAPA2022.
Rio de Janeiro - Post Tour (SOLD OUT!)
The cost of lodging is included in the registration fee for the Post Tour. To select accommodation in a double room it is necessary to share the room with another person of your choice registered for the Post Tour.
The unique Belmod Copacabana Palace, located in front of Copacabana Beach, is one of the best and most traditional hotels in Brazil. It was built over 100 years ago by Joseph Gire, who also built the Hotel Negresco in Nice and the Hotel Carlton in Cannes.
Terms and Conditions
- This event is not suitable for children under 18 years old.
- To participate in the event you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will ask you for your vaccination certificate the week before the event. If you are not vaccinated, you will need to submit a negative PCR test taken a maximum of 72 hours before the event.
- The event includes tours of attractions and rides that require physical effort. Some attractions may have restrictions depending on the physical conditions of the user. For more information and special assistance write to [email protected].
- This event will take place in Brazil. Please verify, before traveling, if you require a visa or any vaccination with the Brazilian consulate in your country.
- Post Tour requires a minimum of 16 registered participants as of February 28, 2022 to take place. IAAPA reserves the right to cancel this activity and refund 100% of the registration fees on this date if necessary.
- Cancellation due to force majeure causes:
Starting April 2022, if an attendee is prevented from participating in IAAPA Summit: Latin America, Caribbean and Post Tour 2022 due to governmental order or regulation (e.g., stay-at-home order of government-imposed travel ban) in effect over the dates of the Summit, attendees can receive a full refund of registration fees. Attendees must provide written notice of such cancellation to IAAPA, including reference to the specific governmental order or regulation preventing participation. Refunds will only be processed on applicable registration fees, less a US$25 processing fee. IAAPA will assess additional requests due to unforeseen circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Please send a cancellation request to [email protected].
- Cancellation due to other causes:
From December 9, 2022, to January 30, 2022: All registration fees paid are refunded less $50 processing fees.
From January 31 to March 27, 2022: 50% of all registration fees paid are refunded less $50 processing fees.
As of March 28, 2022, there are NO refunds.
Our first responsibility is with our attendees, sponsors, and team. We are 100% committed to your health and safety and have implemented rigorous plans for our safe return to face-to-face events.
We work closely with our partners in Foz do Iguazu, Brazil, and we follow all federal, state, and local directives. Our health and safety plan is designed to create the best possible event experience, one in which you can do business safely and efficiently. We hope the following guidelines answer your questions. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
- Before Arriving
- To participate in the event you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will ask for your vaccination certificate the week before the event. If you are not vaccinated, you will need to submit a negative PCR test taken a maximum of 72 hours before the event.
- Are you free of symptoms? If you have any symptoms, stay home. You can check your symptoms using the CDC COVID-19 Self-Checker.
- Check your flight and prepare for your trip. Make sure you have verified the requirements of your airline and the destination you will be traveling from. You can find information on travel requirements on the IATA page.
- Pack your masks. You must currently wear a mask in all indoor public spaces in Brazil.
- Before opening doors, we will conduct final inspections of all activities to make sure venues are safe, clean, and ready to receive you.
- During the Event
- Monitor every day that you are symptom-free. You can check your symptoms using the CDC COVID-19 Self-Checker. If you have any symptoms, avoid contact with other event attendees and send a message to Paulina Reyes at +525543696160 or Ana Elisa Benavent at +525549423779.
- Be prepared to show your complete COVID-19 vaccination certificate or negative PCR test took a maximum of 72 hours before the event.
- During the event, the use of face masks will be mandatory only on buses, or as dictated by local authorities at the time.
- Wash your hands and use sanitizing gel frequently.
- We will ensure that cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation measures are applied in all activities included in the event.
Need more information?
If you have any questions about our health and safety plans, or how you can better prepare, please contact [email protected].