IAAPA Rookies: FEC 101
IAAPA Rookies: FEC 101
Join experts in location-based entertainment (LBE) & FEC management as they share insights and experiences to help individuals develop, design, and launch an FEC. The multi-day program is designed for anyone who wants to open an FEC or LBE venue and will provide a framework to develop and launch outstanding entertainment venues.
- Spend three comprehensive days learning how to open and launch a family or location-based entertainment venue successfully
- Gain valuable insights, resources, and partnerships necessary to launch your enterprise
- Tour some of Orlando’s most unique venues in location-based entertainment.
- Experience the EDUTour to Fun Spot America: Transportation, dinner, and guided tour
- Participate in Monday’s IAAPA Lunch and Learn
- Attend the FEC Reception on Monday night. This lively networking reception, hosted by the IAAPA Family Entertainment Center (FEC) Committee, brings together FEC owners, operators, and suppliers from around the world to connect with peers, build new relationships, and share best practices and ideas.
Topics will cover how to:
What is your Story? Building Branding, Value, and Community
Prepare an entertainment venue’s business case through market analysis
Establish a strategy for capital fundraising. Understanding legal, accounting, regulatory, and insurance considerations
Explore licensing and franchising models for your FEC/LBE
Learn about FEC/LBE design 101
Learn how to deliver a relevant food and beverage experience
Maximize the use of technology and data
Explore the top things to consider when planning an arcade
Craft a compelling guest experience through attraction selection
Build a strategic marketing launch plan
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR ME?
If you are interested in opening a location based entertainment venue or family entertainment center and:
- You have 0-3 years in the industry
- You wish to gain a global understanding of the family and location-based entertainment industry
- You would like to build partnerships and a network of other like-minded entrepreneurs and industry experts
- You are eager to get feedback about your business concept or plan
- Course Takeaways
- Industry Contacts & Peer Network
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Course Document and Resources
Credit hours for IAAPA Rookies: FEC 101 program will be earned. Participants will also earn credit hours for Lunch and Learn and EDUTour at Fun Spot. Click here to learn more about the IAAPA certification renewal.
IAAPA CERTIFICATION: Credit hours for IAAPA Rookies: FEC 101 program will be earned. Participants will also earn credit hours for Lunch and Learn and EDUTour at Fun Spot.
Must be 18 years or older to attend, 21 or older to consume beer or wine. Course fee includes tuition and support materials, daytime meals and refreshments, Fun Spot America EDUTour on Sunday, EXPO registration, and a certificate of attendance.
- Cost of Program
2024 pricing will be announced when registration opens in Summer 2024.
Saturday, Nov. 11
- 4-7 p.m. Andretti Indoor Karting & Games (9299 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819) Join us for an ice breaking event where you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow attendees and program faculty.
Sunday, Nov. 12
- 8:30–5:30 p.m. Dezerland Park Orlando (5250 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819)
- 5:30–10 p.m. Dinner and EDUTour, Fun Spot America (5700 Fun Spot Way, Orlando, FL 32819) (transportation provided)
Monday, Nov. 13
- 8:30–12 p.m. Classroom learning, Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) (Location: S331CD)
- 12–2 p.m. Lunch and Learn, (OCCC)
- 7:30–9 p.m. FEC Reception, Hyatt Regency Orlando, Plaza International Windermere Y-Z (9801 International Dr., Orlando, FL)
*Agenda reflected is from 2023 program
Credit hours for IAAPA Rookies: FEC 101 program will be earned. Participants will also earn credit hours for Lunch and Learn and EDUTour at Fun Spot.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Includes reception at ice breaking event, light breakfast, refreshments, and lunch at facility, coffee, and lunch at OCCC, dinner at Fun Spot America, Lunch and Learn at OCCC, and FEC reception.
NOTES: Must be 18 years or older to attend, 21 or older to consume beer or wine. Course fee includes tuition and support materials, daytime meals and refreshments, Fun Spot America EDUTour on Sunday, EXPO registration, FEC Reception, and a certificate of attendance.
COST: 2024 pricing will be announced when registration opens in Summer 2024.
IAAPA Rookies: FEC 101 registration is completed as part of IAAPA Expo registration.
Please contact Monica Bejarano at [email protected] for any questions.
Present at an IAAPA Rookies: FEC 101
IAAPA is looking for motivating and inspiring industry experts to share insights for IAAPA Rookies: FEC 101.
By completing this form you are submitting your name and qualifications for consideration as faculty for this and other future IAAPA Institute programs. Your name and qualifications will be added to the IAAPA speaker database. As IAAPA plans future programs, submissions will be reviewed and faculty that best reflects the program goals, the region, and the topic will be selected.