IAAPA Institute for Attractions Professionals
The IAAPA Institute for Attractions Professionals is the global attractions industry’s premier professional development program for individuals with five or fewer years’ working within attractions. These include museums, science centers, aquariums, attractions, LBEs, amusement parks, and zoos.
The IAAPA Institute for Attractions Professionals (IAP) is a hybrid program that uses adult learning methodologies.
- 2 full days of in-person learning
- Attraction site visit
- 6 weeks of online learning and group activities
Participants should be highly motivated learners with an interest in cross-departmental industry functions. Participants will gain a global attractions perspective, learn more about all areas of operation, and will share best practices across member types. The intensive two-day in-person program is designed with a blend of classroom instruction led by industry experts and small group activities. Participants will dive deeper into topics during a six-week online program. Online, they will learn at their own pace by watching videos, engaging in group work, and receiving feedback on posts from industry faculty. By combining in-person and online learning, participants will gain a solid understanding of the key disciplines and processes required to manage a successful attraction.
During the program, participants will:
- Identify industry trends
- Identify challenges and opportunities for different entertainment show types
- Explore best practices to predict, meet, and exceed guests’ expectations
- Conduct a risk assessment for your facility and proactively prevent hazards
- Interpret food and beverage metrics and data
- And more!
*Please note: Individuals who previously completed the Institute for Attractions Managers course should not register.
Attendance on two classroom days and the self-paced content is required. Registration covers the complete course program.
Is this course right for me?
- If you work in the attractions industry and:
- You have 0-5 years in the industry
- You are a highly motivated individual
- Interest in or some experience with leading a team
- Interest in global attractions perspective
- Interest in learning across departments
- Interest in sharing best practices across member types
- You are ready to network and have fun with your industry peers
- Member Type
- Amusement Parks and Attractions
- Location-Based Entertainment
- Museums and Science Centers
- Water Parks
- Zoos and Aquariums
- Course Modules
- Information Technology
- Attractions Revenue Operations
- Food & Beverage
- Facility Operations and Safety
- Games & Merchandise
- Guest Service Best Practices
- Human Resources
- Course Takeaways
- On-site behind-the-scenes visit to a local attraction
- Team Building with Peers
- Industry Contacts
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Course Document and Resources
- Activities and Best Practices to Share with Home Venue
- Cross-Departmental Understanding of Attractions Industry
45 credits towards IAAPA Certification renewal
- August 29 – 30, 2023 | Institute for Attractions Managers (IAM)
- November 12 – 13, 2023 | IAAPA Expo in Orlando, Florida
(*Registration for IAAPA Expo is required. IAP is a separate ticketed event.)
Can't make these dates? Fill out this form.
Present at an IAAPA Institute for Attractions Professionals
IAAPA is looking for motivating and inspiring industry experts to share insights that create safe guest experiences at IAAPA Institute for Attraction Professionals.
By completing this form you are submitting your name and qualifications for consideration as faculty for this and other future IAAPA Institute programs. Your name and qualifications will be added to the IAAPA speaker database. As IAAPA plans future Institutes submissions will be reviewed and faculty that best reflects the program goals, the region, and the topic will be selected.