IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program
What is IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program?
The IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program, developed and managed by IAAPA, promotes the consistency of attractions industry by qualifying courses that align to IAAPA's CBOK (Common Body of Knowledge) and adult education best practices.
IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program courses can be used to satisfy ICAP (IAAPA Certified Attractions Professional) and ICAE (IAAPA Certified Attractions Executive) continuing education requirements. The IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program registry gives certified individuals one place to quickly find these qualified courses.
Purpose of the IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program
- The IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program is aligned to the ICAP and ICAE program and serves to support both ICAP and ICAE certificants who have obtained the ICAP and ICAE credential.
- Taking an IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program course satisfies the continuing education requirement for maintaining the ICAP and ICAE credential. In addition, selecting a IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program course helps expedite the ICAP and ICAE continuing education process.
- Qualified courses can be found in the IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program registry.
By becoming an IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider, the organization:
- Boosts its credibility by aligning to IAAPA’S CBOK and adult education best practices.
- Gains access to a wider, global market of attractions professionals; and demonstrates itself as a partner in furthering IAAPA’s mission to provide professional development and continuing education to the attractions industry.
Providers can submit IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider applications through our online portal. An IAAPA evaluator will assess applications to determine if the organization, instructors, course design and course delivery meet IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider criteria. Providers must submit information about their organization and course offering and pay their fees prior to formal application evaluation.
Additional courses developed after the time of application, can then be submitted; again, fees must be paid in full before additional course applications will be evaluated. The online system is easy to use and application process expected to take a few hours to complete, depending on how prepared the provider is with the required details about the organization, course, and instructors.
|Initial review and up to 25 courses
|More than 50 courses? Please contact Alissa DeMeglio for pricing
How to Become an IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider
Organizations, universities, or sole proprietorships that deliver classroom or online attractions industry courses are eligible if the course meets the approved criteria:
- The content aligns with one or more of the 7 CBOK domains; Entertainment, Facility Operations, Food and Beverage, Games & Merchandise, Finance & IT, Human Resources Marketing, Public Relations, and Sales.
- There are clear and documented goals, learning objectives and instructional methods.
- Appropriate instructional methods and principles of adult education are used to deliver the course including but not limited to: collaborative, experiential and problem-based learning.
- The course is taught by instructors who have the academic and experiential qualifications needed to meet course goals and learning objectives.
- The course operates in an open and transparent manner with accurate advertising of the course goals and learning objectives.
For more information about IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider, contact Alissa DeMeglio, Program manager.