Show Ambassador Program
IAAPA seeks students, recent graduates and young professionals with outstanding customer service skills to be volunteer interns at IAAPA Expo, IAAPA Expo Europe and IAAPA Expo Asia. Successful applicants will get the opportunity to see and be involved in the premier amusement and attractions trade show and conference in the U.S., Europe and/or Asia.
The elements of the program include:
- Event Management: Working with the association’s expo management team and on-site vendors to oversee a range of special events.
- Education Program: Working with IAAPA’s education staff to conduct the on-site logistics for the education programs and off-site tours (if applicable).
- Trade Show Support: Working with the expo management team, floor managers, and vendors in support of trade show logistics.
- Behind the Scenes Education: Providing a “behind the scenes” look at IAAPA’s tradeshow vendors. In addition, ambassadors are scheduled a specific list of EDUSessions to attend.
- Social Program: Ability to network with other peers in the industry as well as to make contact with facility operators in the amusement and attractions industry and interact with one of the premier trade show management teams in the industry.
An intern program by its nature is a balance between the work needs of the employer and the education needs of the students — the IAAPA Ambassador Program will balance these needs by providing specific education opportunities throughout the week that will be pre-scheduled as a part of the program. Part of that balance is what IAAPA provides and what we expect each Ambassador to bring to the expo.
- An unforgettable and fun experience
- World class training
- Shared housing
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Networking opportunities
- This exciting opportunity features a structured learning program, scheduled work hours (approximately 10+ hours per day), and a ticket to one of the largest attractions trade shows.
- Small per-diem for local transportation and additional meals (Asia and Orlando)
Successful Ambassador Applicants will offer:
- Enthusiasm & initiative
- Hard work & complete dedication of their time during this event Professional appearance & "can do" attitude
- Outstanding Customer Service skills and experience
- Background or current studies in hospitality, event management, engineering, journalism, or related subjects
- Transportation to and from the Expo site. (Please be familiar with travel restrictions and requirements when traveling internationally as some locations require proof of negative COVID-19 test, vaccination, quarantining at your expense and/or restrictions based on country of origin or traveling from.)
- Full-time commitment including pre-show and through on-site dates (6-8 days)
- Health insurance and provide proof of coverage
- Must be 18 or older on or before the first day of the program
- In exchange for a valuable learning opportunity, successful candidates will provide energy, initiative, and a strong customer-focused attitude to improve the guest experience for all IAAPA attendees.
2023 Dates & Deadlines
Applications open for all Expos
31 March 2023
Deadline for IAAPA Expo Asia applications
Team selected for IAAPA Expo Asia
30 June: Deadline for IAAPA Expo Europe applications
10-16 June: Ambassadors on-site for IAAPA Expo Asia 2023
Team selected for IAAPA Expo Europe
1 August 2023
Deadline for IAAPA Expo applications
23-28 September: Ambassadors on-site for IAAPA Expo Europe 2023
Team selected for IAAPA Expo
10-18 November 2023
Ambassadors on-site for IAAPA Expo 2023
APPLICATIONS FOR 2023 HAVE CLOSED
THE PORTAL WILL OPEN IN SPRING 2024 FOR THE 2024 EXPOS
If you have any additional questions about the program, please contact the IAAPA Ambassador Program