IAAPA Young Professional of the Year Award
The IAAPA Young Professional of the Year Award honors members who demonstrate a dedication to the attractions industry through strong leadership, teamwork, and integrity, while continually developing their knowledge and experience, necessary in this ever-changing business. The Young Professional must also be a strong advocate of IAAPA’s mission to support, grow, and nurture the amusement park and attractions industry.
- Nominees must meet the following criteria for consideration for the IAAPA Young Professional of the Year Award:
- Currently working for an IAAPA member company in good standing.
- Meets the definition of a young professional: A person less than 35 years of age, employed full-time by a company in the attractions industry (Students not eligible).
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills (Examples required).
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills (Examples required).
- Demonstrates a strong sense of integrity.
- Demonstrates a commitment to IAAPA (Examples required. Includes IAAPA certification credit hours earned, committee involvement, speaking at IAAPA or industry events).
- Reference(s) from senior management of a member company and other IAAPA members.
- Please note: the nominee selected for this honor will be featured as a panelist in the next three annual Young Professional of the Year webinars, which typically take place in June.
Tips for Nomination Submission:
The nomination form must be completed in full and contain sufficient information documenting the nominee’s contributions and achievement to accurately determine the candidate’s eligibility and qualifications for award.
Consider writing the nomination summary/citation as if presenting the award to the nominee, as it will form the basis for the award presentation for the selected recipient.
Use the nomination summary to highlight particular achievements and/or contributions that qualify your nominee for the award.
Complete the statement of support by detailing these achievements, activities, and/or contributions to fully describe the nominee’s qualifications. Include supporting documents (if applicable) that will add to the detail and help solidify the nomination.
It is recommended that in submitting this nomination to the IAAPA Membership Committee and Young Professional Membership Task Group, you assume no one on these committees know your nominee. The details will provide the big picture. The nomination deadline is July 13, 2020.
For more information, please email [email protected].
The call for nominations for the IAAPA Young Professional of the Year Award is now closed. The presentation of this award will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 18, during the GM & Owners’ Breakfast at IAAPA Expo in Orlando, Florida, USA. Thank you for your nominations!