Devotion and dedication are the engines that drive our industry. These individuals have put the success of IAAPA above all others, enriching and enabling our community and its members to reach their fullest potential. From lifetime recognition of service to celebrating volunteer efforts, our industry simply wouldn’t exist without service.
- Lifetime Service Award Criteria
The Lifetime Service Award recognizes individuals who have served IAAPA and the industry for over 20 years. Winners of this award...
- Have devoted her/his own time to both IAAPA and the attractions industry for more than 20 years.
- Have held numerous volunteer positions with both IAAPA and other nonprofit organizations.
- Have served as a leader and visionary.
- Have provided guidance and support to others.
- Are passionate attractions professional.
- Outstanding Service Award Criteria
The Outstanding Service Award recognizes service to the attractions industry. Winners of this award are...
- Subject matter experts; your “go-to” person when you need answers.
- Leaders who elevate and mentor others.
- Dedicated to the attractions profession.
- Committed to positive change to improve industry standards.
- Meritorious Service Award Criteria
The Meritorious Service Award recognizes dedicated IAAPA volunteers. IAAPA would not exist without its devoted members. Winners of this award…
- Give their time and expertise to fellow IAAPA members.
- Enthusiastically volunteer. Past winners have typically held more than one volunteer position with IAAPA such as show ambassador, committee member/chair, presenter at events or webinars, authored articles/books, etc. Past winners have also held volunteer positions with other nonprofit organizations.
- Coach and encourage others to improve the industry through volunteerism.
- Drive the success of IAAPA’s programs and initiatives.
- Support IAAPA's mission to "serve the membership by promoting safe operations, global development, professional growth, and commercial success of the amusement parks and attractions industry."
- Past Winners
2018 IAAPA Meritorious Service Award Honoree Bob Williams
2018 IAAPA Outstanding Service Award Honoree Jim Futrell
2018 IAAPA Lifetime Service Award Honoree Julio Vanegas
2018 Board Special Service Award Honoree Al Weber
2017 IAAPA Lifetime Service Award Honoree James "Chip" Cleary
2017 IAAPA Outstanding Service Award Honoree Ken Whiting
2017 IAAPA Meritorious Service Award Honoree Matt Heller