The IAAPA Young Professional of the Year Award honors members who demonstrate a dedication to the attractions industry through strong leadership, teamwork, and integrity, while continually developing their knowledge and experience, necessary in this ever-changing business. The Young Professional must also be a strong advocate of IAAPA’s mission to support, grow, and nurture the amusement park and attractions industry.
This award may be presented to one member in each of IAAPA’s member regions, dependent on number and quality of applications.
Tips for Nomination Submission:
- The nomination form must be completed in full and contain sufficient information documenting the nominee’s contributions and achievement to accurately determine the candidate’s eligibility and qualifications for award.
- Consider writing the nomination summary/citation as if presenting the award to the nominee, as it will form the basis for the award presentation for the selected recipient.
- Use the nomination summary to highlight particular achievements and/or contributions that qualify your nominee for the award.
- Complete the statement of support by detailing these achievements, activities, and/or contributions to fully describe the nominee’s qualifications. Include supporting documents (if applicable) that will add to the detail and help solidify the nomination.
- It is recommended that in submitting this nomination to IAAPA, you assume that none of the judges know your nominee. The details will provide the big picture.
- Young Professional of the Year Award Criteria
To be considered for the Young Professional of the Year award, the individual must meet the criteria below. Examples are required.
- Is currently working for an IAAPA member company in good standing
- Meets the definition of a young professional: A person less than 35 years of age, employed full-time by a company in the attractions industry (Students not eligible)
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrates a strong sense of integrity
- Demonstrates a commitment to IAAPA
- Be supported by references: senior management of a member company and other IAAPA members
- Past Winners
IAAPA proudly presented the Young Professional of the Year Award to Michael Browning, CEO and founder of Urban Air Adventure Park. This award recognizes members, aged 35 and under, who demonstrate a dedication to the attractions industry and commitment to IAAPA, in addition to showcasing leadership, teamwork, and integrity while continually developing their knowledge and experience in this ever-changing business.