2020 IAAPA Awards Announced
Each year IAAPA looks forward to celebrating the industry leaders and professionals who inspire us. Through the IAAPA Awards program these outstanding colleagues are heralded during IAAPA Expo in Orlando. While we are not meeting in person this year, the important work and significant impact this year’s winners have made has not gone unnoticed.
Earlier today IAAPA announced this year’s class of IAAPA Award winners.
IAAPA Service Awards
The IAAPA Service Awards honor individuals for their outstanding contributions to the global attractions industry. This year’s winners are:
- IAAPA Meritorious Service Award - Corrine Brindley, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment, San Diego, California, USA.
- IAAPA Outstanding Service Award - Andreas Andersen, Liseberg, Gothenburg, Sweden
- IAAPA Lifetime Service Award - David Bromilow, Mobaro, London, United Kingdom
IAAPA Young Professional of the Year Award
The IAAPA Young Professional of the Year Award honors IAAPA members under the age of 35 who demonstrate a dedication to the global attractions industry through strong leadership, teamwork, and integrity.
This year’s winner of the IAAPA Young Professional of the Year Award is Charles Coyle of Tayto Park, Kilbrew, Ireland.
IAAPA Hall of Fame
The IAAPA Hall of Fame was established to honor legends and pioneers from the global attractions industry. IAAPA Hall of Fame inductees are individuals whose work and accomplishments have made significant and lasting contributions to the global attractions industry. This award is the highest and most prestigious honor in the industry. This year, IAAPA is proud to induct three recipients into the IAAPA Hall of Fame:
- Tony Baxter, Walt Disney Imagineering, Anaheim, California
- Greg Hale, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA
- Mats Wedin, Liseberg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Congratulations to all the winners! Tune in to the IAAPA Expo │ Virtual Education Conference next Tuesday, Nov. 17 to see the awards presentations and hear the winners’ acceptance remarks. Haven’t registered yet? You can do so now.