The all-new, exam-based IAAPA Certification program
The IAAPA Certification program has been revamped, transitioning to an assessment- based model. This means it is now open to anybody in the industry, around the world, who meets the basic qualifications to sit for the online exam. Set Yourself Apart as a Certified Industry Professional.
IAAPA certification is the gold standard validating an individual has demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities within the attractions industry.
IAAPA has more than 500 certified professionals around the world, each demonstrating their competency, credibility, and commitment to the attractions industry by having earned an IAAPA designation. Now is the perfect time to explore the status and stature of the IAAPA global certification programs.
Benefits of IAAPA Certification
Benefits to the Individual
Certification demonstrates commitment, competence, and credibility as a professional in the attractions industry.
Benefits to the Organization
Organizations that support a team member’s journey to earning a certification realize many benefits.
Become an IAAPA Certified Attractions Professional
You only need 1-6 years of supervisory experience in the attractions industry to become an IAAPA Certified Attractions Professional (ICAP). To earn your ICAP, you must pass a 200-question, multiple-choice assessment of your knowledge across five domains:
- Facility Operations, Entertainment and Guest Relations
- Revenue and Financial Management
- Safety and Security
- Marketing and Public Relations
- HR and Management
Go Further as an IAAPA Certified Attractions Executive
Earning your IAAPA Certified Attractions Executive (ICAE) designation shows that you’re competent, confident and committed to your career.
- You need 7 years’ experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 10 years without, to be eligible.
- Once approved into the program, you have two years to pass your exam.
- For the 70-question, multiple-choice exam, you will be given a case study similar to cases you would encounter on the job and must answer questions related to it.
For more information about IAAPA Certification, contact Alissa DeMeglio, program manager, certification, at [email protected].