Give Kids The World - World Passport for Kids
IAAPA’s support of Give Kids The World Village (GKTW) in Kissimmee, Florida, USA, is very important to the children with life-threatening illnesses who visit this special place.
The World Passport for Kids—Get Involved!
These kids need booster shots of fun, and that’s exactly what the IAAPA World Passport for Kids Program provides them and their families. Through this GKTW and IAAPA partnership, IAAPA member facilities offer free admission to “wish” children and their immediate families for a one-year period following their visit to GKTW.
Here's how it works:
- When families leave GKTW Village, they receive a World Passport and a list of participating IAAPA member facilities/partners.
- Families coordinate a visit directly with a facility. Attractions have different call-ahead policies but should be flexible if families arrive unexpectedly, as illnesses and required medical treatments often make planning ahead impossible.
- Passport is valid for Wish child and entire immediate family for one year from date of issue.
- Partner facilities are only obligated to provide free admission; however, many participants include other services, such as parking, wheelchairs, and meals.
To Become a Partner in the World Passport for Kids Program, IAAPA members need to just complete the Partner Contact Information form and submit. If you have questions, contact World Passport for Kids coordinator, Jan McCool, directly at +1 703/299-5747 or jmccool@IAAPA.org.
To see a complete list of partners in the IAAPA World Passport for Kids program, click here.
To Help GKTW in Other Capacities
Running GKTW is just like running a theme park, for the Village contains rides, games, recreational water facilities, and restaurants, using everything from plush to furniture to computer software.
- IAAPA manufacturer and supplier members can donate to GKTW year-round, including the expertise needed to assist with maintenance and other follow-up issues.
- See wish list of products they continually need as part of the daily operation.
- To discuss other ways of supporting GKTW, contact GKTW at +1 800/995-KIDS (5437).