Safe operations, professional growth, and success of the amusement parks and attractions industry
Founded in 1918, the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) is the largest international trade association for permanently situated amusement facilities worldwide. The organization represents more than 4,800 facility, supplier, and individual members from more than 90 countries including professionals from:
- Amusement parks, theme parks, and attractions
- Family entertainment centers
- Museums and science centers
- Water parks and resorts
- Zoos and aquariums
- Industry manufacturers and suppliers
IAAPA helps our members improve their efficiency, marketing, safety, and profitability while maintaining the highest possible professional standards in the industry.
"Our mission is to serve the membership by promoting safe operations, global development,
professional growth, and commercial success of the amusement parks and attractions industry."
We envision a professional association regarded as an indispensable resource for our members and an international authority for our industry by:
- Advancing safe facility operations globally;
- Promoting a favorable public image for the association, its leadership, and the industry at large to consumers, government officials, and the media;
- Providing primary sources for market connections for buyers and suppliers while maintaining economic vitality for the association and value for its members;
- Promoting professional development by providing continuing education, certification, and training in attractions operations;
- Being an allied partner with industry associations that expand the IAAPA brand, increase membership, and increase attendance at IAAPA-branded trade shows;
- Being a credible resource for industry data and statistical analysis to support the IAAPA mission.
Central to achieving our vision is a focus on our members as the reason for our existence and a resolute respect for our employees as the source of our strength.
Core Beliefs Statement
In addition to the mission and vision statements, IAAPA has certain core beliefs that serve to guide the association in prioritizing goals and strategies. The core beliefs are in essence the association's brand:
•Safety is the foundation of our profession and top priority.
•Global association, single brand.
•Tell the industry story to the public, governments, and the media factually and truthfully.
•Protect the attractions business.
•Conduct business with professionalism and integrity.
•Bring the industry together through premier expos, education and publications.
•Be committed to members’ needs and expectations to help them be successful.