Human Resources Excellence Award
What is the IAAPA Brass Ring Human Resources Excellence Award?
The Human Resource Excellence IAAPA Brass Ring Awards honor members who exemplify the best in employee management and relations in the attractions industry.
Awards will be presented as part of the IAAPA Brass Ring Awards during IAAPA Expo 2019 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
Entry Fees and Deadline
All entries must be received no later than
August 2, 2019 August 18, 2019 An entry fee of $30 USD per entry is required. Fees may be paid by credit card.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Only IAAPA facility members in good standing are eligible to compete in the 2019 IAAPA Brass Ring Awards competition.
- 2019 IAAPA membership dues must be paid in full at time of receipt of entry.
- All entries become the property of IAAPA and will not be returned.
- Only one entry per facility, per category, will be accepted.
- Judging Criteria
The judges will focus on two particular aspects of your program. First, the judges will consider the quality and effectiveness of each program by letting the results speak for themselves. Illustrate how your approach to training or reward/recognition successfully produces results. Next, the judges will be looking for the unique attributes that set your program apart from the rest. Show how your program goes beyond training textbooks, procedures, and forms (or strictly rewarding with bonuses, promotions, etc) to create a robust and memorable experience. Illustrate how your program reinforces the values, vision & mission, culture, and branding or theme of your facility.
The decision of the judges will be final. Awards will not be given in a category if the judges determine no entries in that category warrant special recognition. Judges may re-classify incorrectly submitted entries to the correct category.
2019 Human Resources Excellence Categories
- Best Innovation in a Training Program
The choices of training program approaches are endless; self-managed, employer led, online, in-person, etc. Just as every organization has its own unique innovation training mix, there is no one correct way. Admittedly, some ways are more effective than others, and in this era of blended learning, organizations are likely to employ a mix of training methods that can be directed to different employee groups, at different points of need. For this award, provide us with a specific innovative training program and its details that have been implemented at your organization and how they have proven to be successful. Must be debuted in the current operating season.
- Best Employee Reward & Recognition Program
In an organization, reward and recognition programs must affect behavior measurably, improve results and deliver rewards or incentives that everyone can enjoy. A good reward and recognition system is a “pulling” strategy. It pulls people into it because they see what is being rewarded and recognized. For this award, provide us with an overview of your organizations reward and recognition program including examples of the materials developed and the difference in levels/portions of the program. Must be debuted in the current operating season.
- Best Strategic Employee Engagement Initiative
Most of the time we think of HR as the function that takes care of employee concerns, needs and benefits, a function that welcomes new employees and delivers trainings. However, HR has a much more strategic function within a company and should be involved in the strategic Engagement Initiative’s as well. For this award, please provide us with an overview of the Employee Engagement Initiative that was developed along with examples of specific programs implemented in order to achieve the over-arching goals. Must be debuted in the current operating season.
To ensure equitable competition, members will compete by attendance size under the following classifications:
- Amusement Parks and Attractions, Including Water Parks, With Annual Attendance Less Than 1 Million.
- Amusement Parks and Attractions, Including Water Parks, With Annual Attendance More Than 1 Million.
- All awards entries should be submitted online.
- When you are ready to submit your awards entries, click on the Apply Now button and complete the registration and payment process. You can register for multiple categories at the time.