Happy (Re)Opening Day
Do you remember picking up tickets from IAAPA, the first organization to have an industry event on 16 June 2016, opening day of Shanghai Disneyland Resort?
Do you remember being one of the first to experience "Tron," "Pirates of the Carribbean," and parades on opening day?
Do you remember?
I remember all this vividly, as well as many memories with our friends of the attractions industry, in all of our favorite attractions. As I scroll my phone’s picture gallery, I am energized with the flooding of park reopening notices. Yes, people have masks on, use hand sanitizers, and don’t openly hug each other. But the smiles are there, behind the mask, in their eyes, in the laughter.
Shanghai Disney Resort will be the next to join this happy club when it reopens Shanghai Disneyland on May 11. When the park opens, guests will see many of the health and safety procedures attractions across the region are incorporating into the experience including:
- Limited and pulsed attendance with an advanced reservation and entry system.
- Controlled guest density in queues, restaurants, ride vehicles and other facilities.
- Implementing required government health and prevention procedures, including temperature screening and the use of the government-issued Shanghai Health QR code, and mask wearing.
- Increased sanitization and disinfection measures.
- Protective equipment and training on contactless guest interaction, cleaning, and social distancing for cast members.
IAAPA is dedicated to help you navigate reopening successfully and will continue to provide helpful guidance on our resources page. I can’t wait to take many more pictures and videos of smiles, laughter, fun, food and entertainment again. I can’t wait to enjoy the parks with you all once again.
Dear World, the attractions industry is back again, stronger than ever, and we’re going to blast you out of this world.