IAAPA Safety Institute Online Program FAQs
Thank you for registering for the IAAPA Safety Institute online program. Please review the following FAQs about the class.
- How do I finalize my registration?
To finalize your registration, you need to fill out the GoToTraining link that was included in your Cvent registration. You will receive a confirmation email from GoToTraining within five business days from filling out the form. Once you have received this email from GoToTraining, your registration will be complete.
- How do I cancel my registration?
This program is in high demand. If you are unable to attend all five days due to a scheduling conflict, please cancel your registration using the steps below:
- Have your confirmation number handy (Found in confirmation email)
- Go to the event registration site.
- A notification will pop up saying “event is closed” - you will need to “X” this ou
- On the registration page under the “Register” button, click on “Already Registered?”
- Enter your email address and confirmation number to login into your registration.
- Once logged in, you may modify your registration by canceling.
- What materials will I need to prepare for class?
Each course module has a corresponding Participant Workbook. These materials will be available for you to access before the program starts via your GoToTraining confirmation email. These materials will also be available for you to access during the class. You may print them out in advance and follow along during the program. Or, follow along using the online version.
- How do I join the class/enter the online classroom?
You will see a purple “Join” button in your GoToTraining confirmation email. This link is specific to you and will identify you as you enter the virtual classroom. Please do not share this link with others. On the class date, simply click this button to join the program.
You will need an internet connection and audio capabilities for this program.
- How will I interact with the faculty and other participants?
During the program, you’ll be participating by entering questions in chat, raising your hand and unmuting your microphone to speak, or going into a breakout room to have a group discussion.
- What is a Breakout Room Session?
During our GoToTraining breakout sessions, we will interact within a new browser window. You will be randomly assigned to a breakout group. Please select one individual from your group to take notes or keep track of your conversation. This person will share your discussion when the breakout session concludes. Below are some helpful hints for joining the breakout session.
- Please remember, you need to have Google Chrome or Firefox installed to get into a breakout. If Chrome or Firefox is not your default browser, you will be prompted to copy a link and paste it into the Chrome or Firefox browser.
- If you are not connected via your computer’s audio, you will be guided through the experience of connecting to the Breakout audio with their phone; your computer microphone and speakers work best.
- Be sure to pay attention and enable any popup blockers and notifications for audio that you might see in the browser window that is launching the breakout.
- During the breakout sessions, the organizers of the training are not able to communicate with you, however, common features like chat within the breakout, hand raising, attendee list, and audio settings are available. This is a great opportunity to talk and share with your classmates!
- Have fun! Turn your webcam on and be sure to unmute your audio from the GoToTraining control panel.
- The organizers of your training may send the groups messages during the breakout session.
- A 10 second warning will be given before the breakout session ends.
- How many credits will I earn
This program is worth 4 credits toward IAAPA certification. In order to receive credit toward IAAPA certification for this program and a certificate of completion, you must attend all five days of the program. Please note: Certification credit hours for the IAAPA Safety Institute apply only to either online or in-person courses. You will not be awarded credits for attending both.
The views expressed by speakers or other third parties in IAAPA webinars, events and/or conferences are those of the speaker or third-party and not, necessarily, of IAAPA. With regard to any information presented by a speaker or third-party at any IAAPA event, IAAPA does not make any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and specifically disclaims any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, service or process presented and makes no representation that its use would not infringe upon privately owned rights. Furthermore, the presentation of any material or information by a third party regarding any specific opinion, commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply IAAPA’s endorsement or recommendation of such opinion, process, service, item or organization. Any such material or information presented by a third-party in any format at an IAAPA event, without limitation, is for informational purposes only.