Which IAAPA Certification is Right for You?
The IAAPA Certification Program is the best way to level up your attractions industry knowledge and display your professional achievements.
Put your career on the fast track and register before April 30, 2023, to guarantee your spot for the May exam window. Both certifications are assessment-based and fully online. They are open to members of the attractions industry across the globe who fulfill the minimum qualifications.
IAAPA offers certification options for professionals at every stage of their attractions career, from burgeoning young professionals to seasoned attractions executives. Curious about which certification is the best fit for you? Here are details on the requirements for each program.
To become an IAAPA Certified Attractions Professional (ICAP), you need 1-6 years of supervisory experience in the attractions industry. To earn your ICAP, you must pass a 200-question, multiple-choice assessment assessment of your knowledge across five domains:
- Facility Operations, Entertainment and Guest Relations
- Revenue and Financial Management
- Safety and Security
- Marketing and Public Relations
- HR and Management
To earn your IAAPA Certified Attractions Executive (ICAE) designation:
- You need 7 years' experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 10 years without, to be eligible.
- Once approved into the program, you have two years to pass your exam.
- For the 70-question, multiple-choice exam, you will be given a case study like cases you would encounter on the job and must answer questions related to it.
Interested in learning more about the program’s benefits? Review some of the perks below:
- More opportunities for advancement
- Enhanced attractions industry knowledge
- Greater workplace confidence
- Increases team member confidence
- Facilitates employee engagement and productivity
- Boosts employee morale