IAAPA Foundation Hosts International Theme Park and Attractions Management Workshop for Educators during IAAPA Expo Asia 2019
ORLANDO, Fla., US (April 29, 2019) – The IAAPA Foundation, which works to inspire life-changing careers in the global attractions industry and cultivate tomorrow’s leaders, will host a workshop discussing international theme park and attractions management during IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 in Shanghai, China, 14 June 2019. Led by Dean Youcheng Wang from the University of Central Florida’s Rosen College of Hospitality Management, the informative and engaging event will bring together global educators, operators, and designers to discuss developing new leaders and ways to encourage young professionals to enter attractions management.
The workshop will connect those involved in teaching, research, and student mentoring with attractions industry leaders and innovators to explore potential partnerships and discuss ways to build relationships between educators and attractions organizations looking to hire.
Invited presenters and speakers at the workshop include:
- Dr. Youcheng Wang /王有成教授, professor and dean, UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Dr. Ady Milman /迷尔漫教授, professor, UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Dr. Ma Yong /马勇教授, professor and dean of Tourism Development Research Institute, Hubei University
- Dr. Lou Jajun /楼家军教授, professor and director of Leisure Research Institute, East China Normal University
- Dr. Lin Huanjie /林焕杰教授, president, Institute for Theme Park Studies in China
- Dr. Gao Jun /高峻教授, professor and vice dean, College of Tourism Management, Shanghai Normal University
- Dr. Zhang Chaozhi /张朝枝教授, professor, School of Tourism Management, Sun-Yet Sun University
- Dr. Zou Tongqian /邹统纤教授, professor and director, China Academy of Culture and Tourism, BISU
- Dr. Shen Han /沈涵教授, associate professor, Fudan University
Workshop Pre-Registration Now Open
There is no charge to attend the workshop, but pre-registration is required before May 15. Seats are limited. Refreshments and lunch will be provided, and English and Mandarin languages will be translated during the workshop. To learn more and pre-register, visit http://www.cvent.com/d/y6q11v.
IAAPA Expo Asia Registration Now Open
Workshop participants can also register to attend and take part in IAAPA Expo Asia taking place 11-14 June at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. More than 8,500 attractions industry professionals from more than 60 countries will register for the show to buy, learn, and network at the attractions industry’s premier event in Asia.
To register for IAAPA Expo Asia, visit www.IAAPA.org/IAAPAExpoAsia.
About IAAPA Foundation
Formed in 2010 and incorporated in the United States as a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation, the IAAPA Foundation strives to inspire life-changing careers in the global attractions industry by cultivating tomorrow’s leaders. The Foundation accepts contributions from individuals, corporations, trusts, and grant-presenting organizations around the world. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, the Foundation is supported by members of the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), the largest international trade association for permanently located attractions dedicated to the preservation and prosperity of the global attractions industry. As a non-profit organization, IAAPA represents more than 5,300 attraction, supplier, and individual members from more than 100 countries. Members include professionals from amusement parks, theme parks, attractions; water parks, resorts; family entertainment centers; zoos, aquariums; science centers, museums; and industry manufacturers and suppliers. Learn more about the IAAPA Foundation at www.IAAPA.org/Foundation.
# # #
IAAPA Foundation Contact