New Member Spotlight | Feb. 2020
With multiple locations across Vietnam, Jump Arena facilities are indoor sports recreational playgrounds that encourage kids and young adults to get active and take a break from an increasingly digital world.
“Our mission is to promote a healthy lifestyle in a fun environment,” says CEO Gane Ramachandra. “It’s a totally fun and cool place and deceptively provides a great fitness workout without realizing it. With so many activities to choose from, it’s like a candy store for fun active sports enjoyment—pure joy.”
The first Jump Arena center opened in January 2017 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and now seven of its family entertainment centers (FECs) operate around the country—with another eight planned to open in Vietnam this year—offering a range of different stations and physical activities, with a focus on alternative sports, such as rock climbing, trampolines, ninja challenges, and parkour. Game and activity areas include Free Jumping, Dodgeball, Bounce Slam Dunk, Foam Pit, Giant Airbag, Sky Challenge ropes course, and Kids’ Zone (see sidebar).
“Guests are excited to conquer the 40-foot rock wall, bounce and feel the beat on the huge trampoline yard, finish the Ninja Challenge as a real warrior, and step out to walk in Sky Challenge,” Ramachandra says.
Jump Arena centers offer acrobatic, yoga, Jump Fit, and dance classes. The FECs also host birthday parties, school groups, and corporate events, as well as ninja course, rock climbing, dodgeball, and trampoline dance competitions. In addition to adding more centers in Vietnam, Jump Arena is looking to expand into other Asian countries.
“We joined IAAPA to meet fellow FEC operators and owners, to learn the best practices and successful programs they have launched, and to discover and stay updated on additional new activities and innovations to include in our centers in the future,” Ramachandra says.
AREAS AND ACTIVITIES
- Sky Challenge is a ropes course featuring a variety of different obstacles like swinging logs, elevated platforms, and stairs in unique configurations.
- Foam Pit allows guests to jump into a bed of a thousand soft foam cubes from surrounding trampolines.
- Rock and Fun Climbing offer climbing experiences for visitors of all ages, with colorful walls with different shape designs for junior climbers and traditional rock walls for adventurous guests.
- Dodgeball brings guests together to throw balls at an enemy team while jumping on a trampoline. The team with the last player standing is the winner.
- High-Performance challenges guests to defy gravity by bouncing off trampolines to walk or even run up walls.
- Bounce Slam Dunk is an area where players run, jump, and dunk balls in basketball hoops to score points.
- Ninja Challenge is an obstacle course featuring parkour, rock climbing, and ropes courses.
- Free Jumping is an open trampoline area for guests to try their own tricks and acrobatics.
- Giant Airbag is a landing spot for guests who fly through the air from an adjacent trampoline.
- Kids’ Zone is an area for kids ages 1 to 6 years old full of trampolines, ball pits, and games.