The High-Impact Attraction Experience: Insights from Bob Rogers
Bob Rogers, founder and chairman of BRC Imagination Arts, stresses that every great attraction—whether in a theme park, museum, or brand experience—engages the imagination of its guests and makes them part of its adventure, rather than just being a consumer of it. He says attractions need to engage their senses, intelligence, imagination, and emotions.
Rogers asserts that a high-impact experience should include the following for guests:
- Know me: Start with something I’m already attached to.
- Disrupt me: Take me out of my ordinary world and plunge me into an extraordinary world. Too much of my day is experienced inside the two-dimensional slabs of glass in my pocket and on my desk.
- Sensualize it: Engage me with sight, sound, aroma, touch, taste, temperature, movement, goose bumps, etc.
- Emotionalize it: Let me feel strong emotions that leave me feeling stimulated, stronger, smarter, more connected, and more worldly than before.
- Touch my heart: Tell me a story that engages me and leads me to insights about the world and, most of all, about myself.