IAAPA Rookies and Newcomers: FEC 101
Join experts in family entertainment center (FEC) management as they share insights and experiences to help individuals develop, plan, and operate an FEC. This three-day program, which begins on Saturday, is a hands-on, “soup-to-nuts” program designed for anyone who wants to become an FEC operator, as well as those looking for advice to help expand their network, strengthen critical thinking skills, and develop problem-solving traits that will help grow their business. The multi-day program will address developing and operating outstanding leisure venues in a post pandemic world by addressing the following topics:
- Preparing an entertainment venue’s business case through market analysis
- Designing a facility for efficiency and safety
- Establishing a strategy for capital fundraising
- Crafting a compelling guest experience through careful attraction selection
- Understanding the magic behind amusement game operations
- Delivering on the food and beverage promise
- Maximizing the use of technology within the facility operating model
- Marketing & Promotion: Utilizing proven methods to stand out from the crowd
- Building a group and event sales culture that delivers results
- The Legal, Accounting, Governmental, and Insurance Considerations that matter
- Tracking facility performance through budgets and guest response
Participants will earn 14 credit hours toward IAAPA certification.
TRANSPORTATION: Transportation is not provided to the Welcome Reception, Classroom Learning, or the FEC Reception. Transportation is provided for the EDUTour to Fun Spot America. Buses depart from Classroom Learning location at 5:30 p.m. Participants may drive separately; free on-site parking available. If driving separately, plan to arrive at 6 p.m. when doors open. Buses return to the OCCC South Concourse from Fun Spot America beginning at 9 p.m. The final bus departs at 10 p.m.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Includes reception at Icebreaking event, lunch at Classroom learning location, dinner at Fun Spot America, Lunch and Learn at OCCC, and FEC reception.
NOTES: Must be 18 years or older to attend, 21 or older to consume beer or wine. Course fee includes: tuition and support materials, welcome reception at Main Event, EDUTour to Fun Spot America on Sunday, reserved seating at Monday's Lunch and Learn event, EXPO registration, and a certificate of attendance. Tickets should be purchased in advance, as space is limited and may sell out.
Join us for an ice breaking event where you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow attendees and program faculty. Following the event, enjoy the facility on your own with a complimentary two-hour game card. Refreshments will be provided.
Behind the scenes Edu-tour, including dinner at Fun Spot America.