Bag of Tricks
March 1, 2020By Arthur Levine
To freshen up Halloween events, try these proven tips:
- Empower scare actors to embody their roles, improvise, and become the monsters. Their passion will be contagious, and guests will respond to it.
- Establish a brand, and possibly proprietary characters, to give an event a distinctive identity and appeal.
- Move event elements around to surprise guests and disperse crowds.
- Know your audience. Just because something is successful elsewhere, doesn’t guarantee success at an event. Observe and speak to guests to help determine modifications.
- Bring back Halloween blasts from the past and play on guests’ nostalgia for beloved characters.
- Look to pop culture for new trends—like the vampires and zombies popular in the last decade—when planning new events.