Live Entertainment Excellence
What is the IAAPA Brass Ring Live Entertainment Excellence Award?
The IAAPA Brass Ring Awards Live Entertainment Excellence honor members who exemplify the importance of live entertainment in the attractions industry.
Awards will be presented as part of the IAAPA Brass Ring Awards during IAAPA Expo 2019 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
Entry Fees and Deadline
All entries must be received no later than August 2, 2019 An entry fee of $30 USD per entry is required. Fees may be paid by credit card.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Only members of the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) in good standing are eligible to compete in the Brass Ring Awards 2019 for Live Entertainment Excellence Program.
- All entries must have been made for or running in an IAAPA member facility between August 2018 and July 2019 using performers working during that same time frame.
- Short-term, seasonal shows will be considered along with productions that are presented on an on-going basis.
- There will be no distinction between contract or turn-key shows and "in-house" productions. All entries become the property of IAAPA and will not be returned.
- Only one entry per category, per production, will be accepted.
- Judging Criteria
- Individuals will be evaluated based upon quality of talent, stage presence, character personality, and personal appearance.
- Productions will be evaluated based upon creative show content, quality of production, technical and design quality, and overall production value.
- A panel of entertainment professionals will evaluate all entries.
- Each entry will be judged based upon the criteria given, as well as overall excellence and creativity.
- Judges decisions are final.
2019 Live Entertainment Excellence Categories
- Best Atmosphere/Street Show Performance/Act
Awarded to the most outstanding nominated street or atmospheric group that performs in a non-traditional setting. Examples are: strolling musicians, vocal groups, costumed or face characters etc. Please nominate one act per submission.
- Best Live Edutainment Show
Awarded to the most outstanding nominated production in which the PRIMARY PURPOSE is supplying the audience with an educational message (conservation, nature, science, etc).
- Most Creative Sports/Stunt Show
- Awarded to the most outstanding nominated production involving sports/stunt talent (diving, extreme sports, water ski, stunts, gymnastics,ice skating, aerial, etc.).
- Most Creative Multimedia Spectacular
- Awarded to the most outstanding nominated production in which the primary storytelling is conveyed through the use of multi-media. Productions in this category are effects/media driven (fireworks, lasers, light shows, video mapping, water screens etc.) and may include live performers.
- Spirit Award
- Awarded to the most outstanding person who works behind-the-scenes to support high-quality entertainment. Nominees may include but are not limited to stage managers, technicians, dressers, wardrobe professionals, scenic artists, theatrical designers, or ushers. The nominated individual must have set the example of “excellence” and have demonstrated a positive attitude and an exemplary work ethic. The winner of the Spirit Award will receive a $500 award sponsored by RWS & Associates.
- Best Performer
- Awarded to the most outstanding nominated live show performer for the year. The winner of the Best Performer will receive the Elaine M. College Entertainer Award and receive a $1,000 award sponsored by SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment.
- Most Creative Halloween Haunt, Show or Experience
- Awarded to the most outstanding nominated individual Haunted House, Maze, Show or Halloween themed experience.
- Most Creative Christmas Show
- Awarded to the most outstanding nominated individual Christmas Show production.
- Most Creative Show Featuring Animals
- Awarded to the most outstanding nominated production in which the primary focus features animals.
- Most Creative Property-Wide Event - Multiple Classes
- Awarded to the most outstanding nominated themed event production in which there is an immersive experience created and carried throughout. Productions in this category are entertainment themed experiences that encompass shows, atmospheric entertainment, culinary, merchandise and other park opportunities. For example: food & wine festivals, flower festivals, art/crafts, Halloween, Christmas, etc.
To ensure equitable competition, members will compete by attendance size and type under the following classifications:
- Amusement Parks and Attractions, Including Water Parks, With Annual Attendance Less Than 1 Million.
- Amusement Parks and Attractions, Including Water Parks, With Annual Attendance More Than 1 Million.
Best Theatrical Production - Multiple Classes
- Awarded to the most outstanding show or production in which the synergies between theatricality, performance and delivery align to achieve a breathtaking experience.
To ensure equitable competition, members will compete by attendance size under the following classifications:
- Amusement Parks and Attractions, Including Water Parks, With Annual Attendance of Less Than 1 Million.
- Amusement Parks and Attractions, Including Water Parks, With Annual Attendance of More Than 1 Million.
- All awards entries should be submitted online.
- When you are ready to submit your awards entries, click on the Apply Now button and complete the registration and payment process. You can register for multiple categories at this time.
Note: One show may only be submitted to one category. However, one facility may submit multiple shows to the same category.