Back to Amusement Ride Safety
Safety is the Amusement Park Industry's Number 1 Priority
Safety is a partnership between an amusement park and its patrons. Unfortunately, a majority of the injuries occur because the guest didn't follow posted ride safety guidelines or rode with a pre-existing medical condition.
IAAPA created a list of amusement ride safety tips for guest use:
- Obey listed age, height, weight, and health restrictions.
- Observe all posted ride safety rules.
- Keep hands, arms, legs and feet inside the ride at all times.
- Remain seated in the ride until it comes to a complete stop and you are instructed to exit.
- Follow all verbal instructions given by ride operators or provided by recorded announcements.
- Always use safety equipment provided and never attempt to wriggle free of or loosen restraints or other safety devices.
- Parents with young children should make sure that their children can understand safe and appropriate ride behavior.
- Never force anyone, especially children, to ride attractions they don’t want to ride.
- If you see any unsafe behavior or condition on a ride, report it to a supervisor or manager immediately.