Amusement Park and Attractions Committee:
IAAPA is fortunate to have a group of volunteer parks and attractions owners, operators, and employees working on behalf of our members to create educational programs and networking opportunities.
Your Amusement Parks and Attractions Committee members are:
- Omid Arminifard, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- Dino Fazio, Moreys Pier
- Dan Freas, Old World Wisconsin
- Henrik B. Nielsen, Djurs Sommerland
- John Norris, Seabreeze
- Paul Norton, Silverwood Theme Park & Boulder Beach Water Park
- Rachel Rotella, Ripley Entertainment
- Mark Terlep, Stone Mountain Park
Additional Member Benefits
- Online Resources: Log in to access these programs and more. Browse the Membership Directory, Industry Article Database, the Online Buyers' Guide where can search for products and services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don't know your log in or password? Send us an e-mail or give us a call at +1 703/836-4800.
- Funworld, our monthly magazine, and the daily news flash e-mail service keep you up-to-the-minute on industry-wide projects and opportunities that your company can leverage into business leads and growth. Make sure we have your e-mail address, so you can receive this valuable service.
- Euro Attractions Show: The meeting place for Europe's amusement and attractions industry. No other trade show in Europe offers such a comprehensive range of product categories, renowned keynote and educational sessions, and networking opportunities. October 6-8, 2015 in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- IAAPA Attractions Expo: Join us as we head to Orlando, FL for your all-access pass to the global attractions marketplace, November 16-20, 2015.
- Asian Attractions Expo: The one-stop event in Asia for the leisure and attractions industry and will take place at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre 16-19 June, 2015.
Stay on top of all the current legislative issues affecting Parks and Attractions.
- Accessibility: Monitor the status of the final ADA rule, get tips for improving accessibility at your facility and more!
- Toy Safety: Learn about new U.S. laws regarding lead content, phthalates and testing and certification requirements for toys, souvenirs, redemption prizes and other children's products.
Information for Amusement Parks and Attractions
Funworld is filled with information for our parks and attractions members. Here are a few recent articles that may be of interest to you:
- 10 Ways to Drive Your Business: Revenue generating ideas that you can put to work immediately.
- Creative Grouping: Group sales can fill your park on a soft day and with many parks reporting slower group sales in 2009, this article is even more timely!
- Culture of Collaboration: Make guest experience your first priority! A case study on the Monterey Bay Aquarium offers insights for all industry attractions.
- Dining with a Plan: Some big parks are using meal plans to great effect, but is it viable for smaller facilities, too?