IAAPA's Tips to Plan for the Weather when Visiting an Amusement Park
- Have breakfast before you start your day.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water throughout your visit.
- Eat several small meals and snacks throughout the day.
- Apply and reapply sunscreen.
- Wear cool, light-colored clothing.
- Pack dry clothes if you plan to cool off on a water ride.
- Take periodic breaks inside – A great time to see a show or eat a meal.
- Don’t forget your hat!
- Avoid umbrellas – Bring a poncho or hooded waterproof jacket.
- Make sure your stroller has a waterproof hood.
- Bring plastic bags to keep your essentials dry – when the rain stops put the wet stuff in the bags.
- Stay in the park. Many attractions keep operating in light rain – when others head inside, head to your favorite ride.
- If the weather gets severe, seek shelter.