Asian Attractions Expo 2017 Education Conference to Offer
Unique Learning Opportunities for Attractions Leaders
Registration Now Open for IAAPA’s Asian Attractions Expo 2017
(Alexandria, Virginia, US) — Global amusement park and attractions industry professionals will gather in Singapore to learn about the latest trends and best practices in the international attractions industry as part of the educational offerings at Asian Attractions Expo (AAE) 2017. The conference offers participants 11 educational programs on a wide range of subjects that address many of the key aspects of running a successful attraction. Asian Attractions Expo 2017, which takes place 13–16 June at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, is owned and produced by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA).
The four-day education conference provides real-world examples to improve operations and drive business. Session topics include safety, intellectual property use, cultural sensitivity and regional awareness, revenue generation, facility excellence, human resources, industry innovations, and more. Some of the brightest minds leading the industry around the world will share their knowledge and insights with attendees. Confirmed speakers include:
- Zishan Amir, General Manager, Mega Adventure Singapore
- Mike Barclay, Group CEO, Mandai Park Holdings
- Jean-Christophe Canizares, Chairman and CEO, ECA2
- Jack Ellison, Director, H2O Events
- Bernard Harrison, Principal Partner, Creativity and Design, Bernard Harrison and Friends Ltd
- Bob Hayward, Principal, Management Consulting, Asia Pacific KPMG
- Neva Heaston, ICAL, Director of Revenue Operations, Wild Wadi Waterpark
- Chris Ho, General Manager, International Business Department, Chimelong Resort
- Todd Hougland, ICAE, Executive Director, Operations and Entertainment, Ocean Park Hong Kong
- Ron James, Chief Theming Creative Director, Wanda Cultural Tourism Planning and Research Institute
- Vivian Lee, ICAE, Executive Director, Sales and Marketing, Ocean Park Hong Kong
- Thomas Megna, President, TEA Asia-Pacific
- Tom Mehrmann, ICAE, BBS, Founder and CEO, Themed Advisors Limited
- Ron Merriman, Managing Director, MR ProFun China, Co. Ltd.
- Derrell Metzger, former CEO, Sentosa and Ocean Park
- Ann-Maree O’Neill, Human Resources Manager, Southport Sharks
- Gerald Parham, Principal Strategist – Multichannel, Global Media and Entertainment Center of Competency, IBM
- Chris Perry, ICAE, Chief Executive Officer, WhiteWater West SEA
- Michael Reid, Founder/Director, ICONPATH Curated Experiences
- Paul Rivet, Director, Entertainment, Walt Disney Attractions Japan, Ltd.
- Peter Roedbro, CEO and Founder, Entertainment Booking Concepts
- Ken Wheatley, Director, Christie
- Steve Wood, Senior Technical Consultant, Ultimate Entertainments Group
- Jill Wu, CEO, YAOX5D Group
In-depth Learning and Multi-Day Offerings
Attendees can participate in more in-depth learning offered by the IAAPA Safety Institute and the IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers.
The IAAPA Safety Institute takes place on 13 June and provides an opportunity for attractions owners and operators to learn about the latest developments and best practices in ride safety standards, loss prevention, risk management, ride design, and safety compliance.
The IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers is a two-and-a-half-day management development program, 11-13 June, that blends classroom instruction, video presentation, and case studies with field work at the Singapore Zoo. The institute will cover five core subject areas including attractions finance, attractions marketing, attractions leadership, facility operations and safety, and attractions revenue operations. The institute is designed for industry professionals with less than five years of management experience who are interested in advancing their career.
All educational offerings at Asian Attractions Expo 2017 are eligible for credit toward IAAPA Certification, the official mark of professional achievement in the global attractions industry. More information on how IAAPA Certification can provide a valuable boost to an attractions industry professional’s career is available at www.IAAPA.org/Certification.
Additional information about the AAE 2017 education program is available at: www.IAAPA.org/expos/asian-attractions-expo/education.
Register for the Asian Attractions Expo here: www.mil-events.com/aae/
Information about the IAAPA Safety Institute and pricing is available at: www.IAAPA.org/safetyinstitute
Information about the IAAPA Institute for Attraction Managers and pricing is available at: www.IAAPA.org/events-education/events/iaapa-institutes/attractions-managers
About Asian Attractions Expo
Since 1997, Asian Attractions Expo has been the premier international event for the multibillion-dollar leisure and attractions industry in the Asia-Pacific region. Asian Attractions Expo 2017 takes place at the Sands Expo and Convention Center at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore 13-16 June, and includes an 9,000 -net-square-meter trade show floor, a comprehensive industry education program, networking events, and visits to some of the region's premier attractions. More than 8,000 attractions industry professionals from more than 50 countries will participate in the 2017 event. @IAAPAHQ #AAE17