June 21, 2010
Expanded Brass Ring Awards Program to Debut
November 17 at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010
One Ceremony, One Name To Recognize Excellence
in Worldwide Attractions Industry
Alexandria, Virginia (United States) – The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) will build on the tradition of the ‘brass ring’ and expand the scope of the 2010 Brass Ring Awards to recognize excellence in multiple disciplines, including marketing, merchandising, human resources, and entertainment. The Brass Ring Awards ceremony will take place Wednesday, Nov. 17 during IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
The IAAPA Brass Ring Awards are the most prestigious awards within the attractions industry worldwide. The program was designed to build on the high quality and excellence the ‘brass ring’ has come to signify and originally only recognized outstanding marketing programs.
Starting this year, the awards will include categories of marketing and advertising, live entertainment, souvenir development and display,employee training and motivational programs, best family entertainment center, best new product, and best exhibit at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010. Supporting organizations of the event include Matt Davenport Productions, Inc. and RWS and Associates Entertainment, Inc.
The awards to be presented during the 2010 Brass Ring Awards event are:
- Brass Ring Awards: Live Entertainment Excellence – Recognizing stellar live entertainment. Entry submission deadline is Aug. 6, 2010.
- Brass Ring Awards: Marketing Excellence – Honoring marketing,advertising,and publicity excellence andcreativity. Entry submission deadline is Aug. 6, 2010.
- Brass Ring Awards: Retail Excellence – Showcasing the best in product development, merchandising, and display creativity. Entry submission deadline is Aug. 6, 2010.
- Brass Ring Awards: Human Resources Excellence – Honoring the best training and human resources programs in the industry. Entry submission deadline is Aug. 6, 2010.
- Brass Ring Awards: Top FECs of the World – Recognizing innovative family entertainment center operations. Entry submission deadline is Aug. 6, 2010.
- Brass Ring Awards: Best New Product – Recognizing originality or uniqueness of a new product or service, and the quality of the product or service’s design and construction displayed at IAAPA Attractions Expo. Entry submission deadline is Sept. 15, 2010.
- Brass Ring Awards: Best Exhibit at IAAPA Attractions Expo – Acknowledges the most attractive trade show booth based on product, service, and overall booth appearance. Entry submission deadline is Oct. 29, 2010.
The IAAPA Hall of Fame Awards and IAAPA Service Awards will continue tohonor and pay tribute to those who have served IAAPA and the attractions industry. The IAAPA Hall of Fame Awards will be presented during the Kickoff Event at the Orange County Convention Center,8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m., on Nov. 16, 2010.Nominations are due Aug. 6, 2010.The IAAPA Service Awards will be presented during the General Managers' and Owners’ Breakfast at the Orange County Convention Center, 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m., on Nov. 17, 2010.Nominations are dueSept. 3, 2010.
Additional information about the IAAPA Awards programs and the application processes can be found at www.IAAPA.org/awards. Information regarding sponsorship opportunities may be obtained bycontacting Emily Popovich at epopovich@IAAPA.org.
About the Brass Ring
The tradition of the ‘brass ring’ in the attractions industry dates back to the carousels of the late 1800s. Rings were suspended above riders low enough to reach, but high enough to pose a challenge. Most rings were made of iron, so grabbing the brass ring was rare and was rewarded with a free ride. Today, the term ‘brass ring’ is synonymous with high achievement in the attractions industry.
About IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010
IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010 is the largest conference and trade show in the world for the amusement park and attractions industry. With its theme “It’s All Here: The Thriving Marketplace for the Attractions Industry,” the show will take place in Orlando, Florida, and draw industry professionals from more than 90 countries to the Orange County Convention Center from Monday, Nov. 15, through Friday, Nov. 19. The trade show floor will be open Tuesday, Nov. 16, through Friday, Nov. 19. IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010 offers a solid week of business and fun. The event includes educational sessions, behind-the-scenes tours, networking opportunities, and social events. This is the gathering place for attraction industry leaders, decision makers, and visionaries to view the latest innovations, plan for the future, learn from each other, and network. Additional information can be found atwww.IAAPA.org/IAAPAAttractionsExpo.
IAAPA is the premier trade association for the attractions industry worldwide. Founded more than 90 years ago, IAAPA is the largest international trade association for permanently situated amusement facilities and attractions, and is dedicated to the preservation and prosperity of the attractions industry.
Press Office: +1 703/299-5127
Colleen Mangone: cmangone@IAAPA.org
David Mandt: dmandt@IAAPA.org