IAAPA Attractions Expo Press Policy and Credential Criteria
REMINDER: Photography of any kind is not permitted on the trade show floor without a press credential. Videography of any kind is not permitted without a Press Office staff escort or a special credential.
IAAPA offers complimentary press credentials to mainstream media and trade press outlets covering the attractions industry. This admission will allow eligible news reporters, photographers, or camera persons access to the trade show floor during public show hours. A detailed list of eligible personnel is below.
We are aware some newspapers, Internet media, and radio and television stations prefer their personnel not accept complimentary passes. We respect this policy and will gladly refuse complimentary credentials to your personnel if you so indicate.
Trade Show credentialed media are expected to adhere to the following policies:
- All media on the show floor must have a PRESS credential displayed at all times.
- All video cameras and television cameras must be escorted on the show floor by IAAPA Press Office staff, unless approved in advance.
- Time slots for video crew escorts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Available times can be selected during the registration process under Show Questions/Equipment/Video Camera.(We recommend scouting the show floor first, without your equipment to expedite the filming process.)
- Television cameras approved to be on the floor without an escort must display their PRESS credentials and a staff-provided wristband at all times.
- Interviews with an IAAPA spokesperson should be arranged through a member of the Press Office staff.
- Press attending an education session should ensure their badge is visible and identify themselves as media at the beginning of the session.
- Press wishing to attend networking events or education sessions must register to attend and pay any fees associated with the event. If you plan to buy a ticket onsite, see attendants at the Special Services registration booth.
- Keep in mind, space is limited to some events and tickets availability is not guaranteed.
- At the discretion of IAAPA staff, special event venue management, and/or the featured speaker, Press may not be permitted to participate in some educational programs or events.
- Advertising and sales personnel do not qualify for press credential.
- Registered press are able to request a complimentary guest registration. Guests of press are limited to immediate family only.
Press Credential Criteria:
- Internet Media
Eligible Staff: Writer, Webmaster
- Media outlet should cover the attractions or travel and tourism industry weekly.
- Confirmation of Complete.com registration or Google analytics is required to be considered for press credentials.
- A story pitch may be requested.
Eligible Staff: Publisher, Reporter, Editor, Photographer
- Publication should cover the attractions or travel and tourism industry on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Circulation information may be requested during the press credential approval process.
- A story pitch may be requested.
- Radio Stations
Eligible Staff: Owner, Program Director, General Manager, News Reporter, News Director, On-Air Personnel, Assistant News Director, Producers
- Listenership and story pitch may be requested during the press credential process.
- Television Stations (Television cameras must be escorted on the show floor at all times.)
Eligible Staff: Owner, News Reporter, General Manager, Producer (Non-advertising), News Director, On-Air Personnel, Assistant News Director, Program Director, Videographer, Assignment Editor, Production (Non-advertising)
- Viewership and story pitch may be requested during the press credential approval process.
Please note: IAAPA has the right to refuse or withdraw media credentials or guest passes at anytime. If you have questions about press credentials, please contact Cameron Jacobs, media relations manager, at cjacobs@IAAPA.org.