IAAPA EAS Trade Show Press Policy and Credential Criteria
REMINDER: Photography of any kind is not permitted on the trade show floor without a press credential. Videography of any kind is not permitted without a Press Office staff escort or a special credential.
IAAPA offers complimentary press credentials to mainstream media and trade press outlets covering the attractions industry. This admission will allow eligible news reporters, photographers, or camerapersons access to the trade show floor during public show hours. A detailed list of eligible personnel is below.
(We are aware some newspapers, Internet media, and radio and television stations prefer their personnel not accept complimentary passes. We respect this policy and will gladly refuse complimentary credentials to your personnel if you so indicate.)
Trade Show credentialed media are expected to adhere to the following policies:
- All media on the show floor must have a PRESS credential displayed at all times.
- Interviews with an IAAPA spokesperson should be arranged through a member of the Press Office staff by e-mailing jwahl@IAAPA.org.
- Press attending an education session should ensure their badge is visible and identify themselves as media at the beginning of the session.
- Press wishing to attend networking events or education sessions must register to attend and pay any fees associated with the event. You may purchase tickets in advance by logging back into the Press registration site. If you plan to buy a ticket on-site, see attendants at the Special Services registration booth.
- Keep in mind, space is limited to some events and tickets availability is not guaranteed.
- At the discretion of IAAPA staff, special event venue management, and/or the featured speaker, Press may not be permitted to participate in some educational programs or events.
- Advertising and sales personnel do not qualify for press credential.
- Registered press are able to request a complimentary guest registration. Guests of press are limited to immediate family only.
Limit: Two press credentials per media outlet. One guest pass per credentialed individual.
Press Credential Criteria:
- Internet Media
Eligible Staff: Writer, Webmaster
- Media outlet should cover the attractions or travel and tourism industry weekly.
- Confirmation of Complete.com registration or Google analytics may be requested.
- A story pitch may be requested.
Eligible Staff: Publisher, Reporter, Editor, Photographer
- Publication should cover the attractions or travel and tourism industry on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Circulation information may be requested during the press credential approval process.
- A story pitch may be requested.
- Radio Stations
Eligible Staff: Owner, Program Director, General Manager, News Reporter, News Director, On-Air Personnel, Assistant News Director, Producers
- Listenership and story pitch may be requested during the press credential process.
- Television Stations
Eligible Staff: Owner, News Reporter, General Manager, Producer (Non-advertising), News Director, On-Air Personnel, Assistant News Director, Program Director, Videographer, Assignment Editor, Production (Non-advertising)
- Viewership and story pitch may be requested during the press credential approval process.
Please note: IAAPA has the right to refuse or withdraw media credentials or guest passes at anytime. If you have questions about press credentials, please contact Jakob Wahl at jwahl@IAAPA.org