SHOW AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
THE PROGRAM IS CLOSED FOR 2016
The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) seeks students (and recent graduates) with outstanding customer service skills to be interns at IAAPA Attractions Expo. Successful applicants will need to be in Orlando by midday Friday, Nov 11, 2016 for training and team building, through the evening of Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016; and will get the opportunity to see and be involved in the premier amusement and attractions trade show and conference.
The elements of the program include:
Event Management: Working with the association’s expo management team and on-site vendors to oversee a range of special events at IAAPA Attractions Expo.
Education Program: Working with IAAPA’s education staff to conduct the on-site logistics for the education workshop program, Institute program, and off-site tour programs.
Trade Show Support: Working with the expo management team, floor managers, and vendors in support of trade show logistics.
Behind the Scenes Education: Providing a “behind the scenes” look at IAAPA’s tradeshow vendors. In addition, each ambassador is scheduled a specific list of seminars to attend.
Social Program: Ability to network with other peers in the industry as well as to make contact with facility operators in the amusement and attractions industry and interact with one of the premier trade show management teams in the industry.
An intern program by its nature is a balance between the work needs of the employer and the education needs of the students — the IAAPA Ambassador Program will balance these needs by providing specific education opportunities throughout the week that will be pre-scheduled as a part of the program. Part of that balance is what IAAPA provides and what we expect each Ambassador to bring to the expo.
- An unforgettable experience
- World class training
- Shared housing
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Networking opportunities
- This exciting opportunity features a structured learning program, scheduled work hours (approximately 10+ hours per day), and a ticket to one of the largest trade shows in the world.
- Small Per-Diem for local transportation & additional meals
Successful Ambassador Applicants will offer:
The deadlines: The 2016 Spring deadline is May 2, 2016 and the Fall deadline is Sept 2, 2016.
- Enthusiasm & initiative
- Hard work & complete dedication of their time during this event Professional appearance & "can do" attitude
- Outstanding Customer Service skills and experience
- Background or current studies in hospitality, event management, engineering, journalism, or related subjects
- Transportation to and from the Expo site (Orlando, Florida)
- Full-time commitment in Orlando, Florida, from midday Friday, November 11, 2016 through evening Saturday, November 19, 2016.
- Must be 18 or older on or before November 11, 2016.
- In exchange for a valuable learning opportunity, successful candidates will provide energy, initiative, and a strong customer-focused attitude to the improve guest experience for all IAAPA attendees.
May 2: Spring application deadline
May 16-20: Those invited to interview, contacted
May 23-31: Spring Interviews
June 30: Acceptance e-mails sent to first round*
Sept. 2: Fall application deadline
Sept. 6-9: Those invited to interview, contactrf
Sept. 12-16: Fall Interviews
Sept. 30: Acceptance e-mails sent for remaining slots If accepted:
Mid-October: Ambassador Webinar
Nov. 11-13: On-Site Training
Nov. 14-18: EXPO!
Nov. 18-19: Wrap-up
*Some spaces will be held open and filled after the September deadline. All applications (including those submitted prior to the spring selection round) are automatically considered to fill remaining positions. IAAPA generally notifies all applicants of their status by early October.
If you have any additional questions about the program, please contact the IAAPA Ambassador Program.