We are very excited that you have registered for the Institute for Attractions Managers and we are thrilled to be able to offer it in Orlando in conjunction with the IAAPA Attractions Expo. This web page contains further information about the course including some resources for you to download. Bookmark this page as the faculty often upload extra material before and after the course.
Location Dates and Times
The 2014 IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers course is taking place in room S331AB at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando FL.
The program will begin on Sunday, November 16 at 9:00 a.m. You may pick up your badge and course materials here any time after 8:30 a.m. The course is scheduled to conclude on Tuesday November 19 at 2:00 p.m.
The daily course schedule is as follows:
- Sunday Nov 16 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. (Opening Reception to Follow)
- Monday Nov 17 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday Nov 18 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Meals, dress-code, etc
Your course fee includes morning and afternoon breaks, lunch each day including the Lunch and Learn event featuring John Aire, President Fun Spot. Breakfast is not included.
The dress code during the course is business casual.
Tell us about your facility! We encourage you to bring and share promotional material from your facility (parks maps, event schedules, videos, etc.) If several participants of your attraction participate, only one needs to bring the promotional material.
As you prepare for the course, think about questions about the industry that you may have and that you would like the faculty or other class attendees to address.
2014 IAAPA Attractions Expo
Registration Fee Includes:
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion
- Day-time meals and refreshments
- Ticket for Lunch and Learn event with John Aire, President Fun Spot
- Badge for the IAAPA Attractions Expo
- Premier Seating at IAAPA's Kickoff Event
2014 IAM Orlando Faculty Bio' List
- Bret Pfost, Park Operations, Certified Senior Restaurant Food and Beverage Leader
- James Blake, Vice President/Treasurer and CFO, The Morey Organization
- Matt Heller, Founder, Performance Optimist Consulting
- Myra Wood, Director of Marketing and Sales, Ocean Breeze Waterpark
- Ken Whiting, President, Whiting's Foods
What They Are Saying About the Institute for Attractions Managers
“As an operator I’ve found the institute program to be a very valuable learning experience for my managers. It’s very practical, very hands-on and great way to learn about this business. I highly recommend it.” Tom Mehrmann, Chief Executive, Ocean Park Corp.
"I have always found great value for money in sending our staff through IAAPA's Institute for Attractions Managers through the years. Not only is it a very effective way of upgrading their skills and preparing them for bigger responsibilities, it also does so in a networking environment with very seasoned industry speakers and practitioners."
Cesar Mario O. Mamon, Chairman & President, Enchanted Kingdom, Inc.
Read more about the Institute for Attractions Managers here