Rookies and Newcomers
Sunday, Nov. 11 - Monday, Nov. 12, 2012 in Orlando, Florida USA in conjunction with IAAPA Attractions Expo 2012
Rookies and Newcomers is a soup-to-nuts program for those thinking of entering the family entertainment center (FEC) business or for those who have just begun operations. The one-and-a-half-day program looks at everything from researching your market to how to conduct day-to-day operations. Led by experts in FEC and small business management, Rookies and Newcomers will give you the skills, tools, and know-how to take your FEC from start-up to star performer in no time.
Sunday, Nov. 11, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. followed by the IAAPA Facility Tour: Fun Spot USA (6:00 pm - 10;0 pm)
Monday, Nov 12, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Fee: IAAPA members $379, nonmembers $479
Advanced Registration Required. Space is limited.
- Why Perform a Feasibility Study?
- Business Plans: The Heart of Your Project
- Financing 101
- Game Rooms: Choosing the Right Design
- Trends in FEC Designs
- Putting Your Profit and Loss statement to Work For You
- ABC's of Insurance
- Hiring, Managing, and Motivating
- Marketing Your Business in the Fast Lane
- Food and Beverage: Your Key To Profits
- Group and Outside Sales Tune-Up
- Attraction Selection
Registration Fee Includes:
- IAAPA Attractions Expo 2012 Registration
- Sunday evening IAAPA Facility Tour: Fun Spot USA
- Course tuition and support materials
- Daytime meals and refreshments
- Certificate of completion
Dorothy Lewis, President, Maxx Fun of PA
Richard Sanfilippo, President, Sam’s Fun City
Kim Davis, RLA, ASLA, President, Davis and Davis Inc., Recreational Planning Consultants
Rookies and Newcomers participants see concepts 'in action' during the tour to Fun Spot USA.
Registration is now open through the IAAPA Attractions Expo 2012 webpages.*
*To register, complete the IAAPA Attractions Expo 2012 online registration process and select this program. In the final checkout stage, your balance will be adjusted to include the fees for Expo registration and the FunSpot Tour within the price of this program.
Looking for more information? Contact our Education Department at 1/703-836-4800.