In the ever-changing world of the amusement and attractions industry, you can never stop learning. With education covering everything from park safety to management tips for facilities as diverse as water parks, family entertainment centers, and theme parks, IAAPA is right beside you as you grow and develop your business as an instructor, teacher, information resource, and more.
IAAPA provides hundreds of hours of education seminars at our Expos as well as training materials and professional development courses. Just a few of our offerings include: IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers IAAPA's Premier Management Development Program.
IAAPA Attractions Expo 2013 Education Conference Program - Over 80 educational seminars and round table discussions, and networking events are offered on Nov. 17 - 20, 2013 in conjunction with IAAPA Attractions Expo in Orlando, Florida. Registration is now open.
IAAPA Education Institutes - Full-day and multi-day professional development classes led by industry experts:
2014 Schedule of Courses:
Rookies and Newcomers: Family Entertainment Center Institute Human Resources Essentials Institute
Institute for Executive Education
- Professional development through IAAPA and its academic partner, L. Robert Payne School of Hospitality Management at San Diego State University (SDSU). Details for the 2014 program will be announced later this year. IAAPA Webinars
- Monthly online learning programs. Free and available exclusively to IAAPA members.
- Operators, developers, and government officials around the globe are invited to learn from industry safety experts.
The Bookstore - The largest single collection of book, DVDs, CDs, and training material on the attractions industry. Buy Now! Webinar Archive
Expo Education - With expos in Asia, Europe and, the United States, IAAPA offers hundreds of hours of seminars, roundtables, workshops and lectures on all facets of the attractions business.
2013 Call for Presentations
Submit a proposal to present a session at the IAAPA Attractions Expo education program.
The closing date for the 2013 program was January 21, 2013. The process will re-open later this year for 2014 proposals.
(members only) - Log in to watch the recordings or review materials from previously broadcast webinars. Review the list of past webinar program titles
. Expo Education Presentation Material Archive
(members only) - Presentations (PDFs) from previous expos sorted by subject and topic. To review speaker details, visit our library of Speaker Biographies
. Young Professional Opportunities
- During IAAPA Attractions Expo 2013, there are programs and opportunities designed specifically for young professionals and college students For example, Career Slam is a FREE program that allows students to sit elbow-to-elbow with successful industry professionals, and learn about their work, their companies, and the career paths and decisions that have helped them succeed. Register now
for the Nov. 21, 2013 Career Slam event. Expo Education Audio Recordings
- Individual recordings, pre-set track packages, or a complete set of all approved sessions can be purchased online from IAAPA Attractions Expo 2010 and 2011. Certification
- IAAPA certification is designed to elevate the professional standards of the attractions industry