IAAPA offers a limited number of complimentary memberships to amusement facility professionals from countries that currently experience extreme economic conditions with the goal to promote the professional growth of the amusement industry worldwide.
80 countries are currently eligible to participate in this program based on three factors: Countries with significantly-low per capita gross domestic product, Countries with significantly-low purchasing power parity, and/or countries that recently experienced independence or a civil war.
Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Iraq, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, West Bank and Gaza, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- The program is limited to 20 memberships per year. Therefore, the application may be denied due to limitation in space. In this case, IAAPA will notify applicants and the application will be placed in waiting list.
- Complimentary memberships are offered for a three-year period. Facilities who have participated in the program may not apply again.
- The program is limited to established amusement facilities within the following categories: amusement/theme park, family entertainment center, and waterpark. It is not offered to industry suppliers, consultants, or individuals developing facilities.
- To be eligible to apply for an Industry Development Membership, the applicant must be currently operating an amusement facility within the country. Reasonable proof may be requested every calendar year to be eligible to renew the membership within the three-year period.
- The selection of eligible countries and facilities is at the discretion of IAAPA. Decisions are final.
To apply please send the following to IAAPA:
- Completely filled and signed Program Application and Membership Application [Acrobat PDF].
- Proof of currently operating an amusement facility within the country. Proof may include promotional materials, pictures, or videotape.
- Please send complete information when submitting your application. No telephone applications or requests will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed by IAAPA and a response will be sent within one week after receiving the materials.