Nominations for the 2013 Food & Beverage Excellence awards are no longer being accepted.
Thank you to everyone who has entered - and good luck!
Finalists will be notified in October and winners will be announced at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2013 during the Brass Ring Awards Event on Nov. 20 at 3:30 p.m. Expo registration is required to attend.
The Brass Ring Awards have been a symbol of excellence for the attractions industry for years. The Brass Ring Awards honor excellence and achievement in a variety of disciplines and categories. Last year, IAAPA introduced a new category:
IAAPA Brass Ring Awards: Food & Beverage Excellence
This competition recognizes the best in the industry in Food & Beverage and Food Service Strategy and innovation.
Food & Beverage Excellence Categories for 2013
- BEST NEW MENU ITEM
- BEST NEW INNOVATION IN FOOD & BEVERAGE
Winners for both categories will be announced at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2013 during the Brass Ring Awards Showcase on Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013.
This section provides information on eligibility, judging criteria, and insights into the approach the judges will use to evaluate entries.
- Only IAAPA facility members in good standing (2013 membership dues must be paid in full at time of receipt of entry) are eligible to compete in the 2013 Brass Ring Awards: Food & Beverage Excellence competition.
- All entries must have been displayed, sold, implemented, or given away between January 2012–August 2013.
- All entries become the property of IAAPA and will not be returned. Entries and accompanying information may be presented and/or displayed at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2013 and related media.
Judges will evaluate entries based on the description, visuals, details, and quality of supporting materials in the following areas:
- Thought (R&D) process that led to development and introduction of new menu item
- Menu Item uniqueness to facility
- Merchandising, packaging, & display strategies utilized
- Themeing, signage, or marketing components utilized
- Visual Appeal
- Impact on Revenue, facility operation, and/or attendance
- Service format/Menu category innovation
- Guest satisfaction & feedback
- Culinary creativity: unique use of ingredients or new products/items
- Entries must comply with current safety best practices and standards (items sold in the U.S. must meet current Food Safety Regulations).
To evaluate each entry, it will be important to know why this item was relevant to your 2012 or 2013 season. Judges will evaluate both the item/ strategy you submit and the background information provided. It is important that your description explain the results of the Food Service item or Strategy and its impact at your facility and in the industry as a whole.
View the 2012 Food & Beverage Excellence Brass Ring Awards winners here for ideas and inspiration, and to see how a brief video clip can help the judges fully appreciate your entry.
How to Enter—It’s Easy:
2013 Brass Ring Awards: Food Service Excellence applications can only be submitted online. Support materials may be submitted online as PowerPoint, video URL, or text file. Click here to begin your entry.
(Tip: Draft and save a copy of your entry form responses in a Word or other file, and simply copy/paste them into the entry form before submitting.)
There is a $25 processing fee for each facility or location. An invoice will be issued upon receipt of your online entry. The $25 processing fee is the same (per facility/location) for entering one or both Food & Beverage Excellence categories, so please nominate away!
Deadline to enter: August 1, 2013
Finalists Notification: Finalists for each category will be notified in October 2013 and published at www.IAAPA.org. Finalists will be requested to provide the name of the person nominated to receive the award should they be announced as the ultimate award winner during IAAPA Attractions Expo 2013.
Supplementary Resources: Supplementary Resources will not be accepted.
Entry restrictions: Only one entry per facility or location, per category will be accepted. All entry and support materials must be provided in English.
Acknowledgment of Entry: Should your entry be submitted successfully an automatic email will be generated to acknowledge receipt of your submission.
View the 2012 Food & Beverage Excellence Brass Ring Awards winners.
If you have questions about the Brass Ring Awards: Food & Beverage Excellence, please contact Linda Gerson.